Gustard DAC-A26 - AK4499EX DAC :: Impressions Thread
Aug 2, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #766 of 1,034
As soon as I tried to switch to the Gustard output I get an error. With DSD Transcoder DOP/Native plug in it works.
When you switch to the Gustard output, it is send as DoP 512. It is out of range, as DoP require higher bandwith than a native transfer. It should be fine on both outputs if you play DSD 256.

Aug 2, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #768 of 1,034
Ya ok I sort of understand. I am just surprised it even works at all and that the A26 reads it as DSDS512 as it is only a 44.1 file
A magic is in DSDTranscoder which converts your PCM file according to your settings. Not a things I would use with my DAC, but you can try to get the best sound in your case, good luck.

Aug 4, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #770 of 1,034
Thanks for all your effort, but I've had this Gustard A26 for many months and it had the 1v40
That you know what key is needed to unscrew the screws, what size is the Allen key needed?
All the ones I have are not good.
So, where do we are now ? :wink:

By the way, i forgot this information : during the upgrade process, when the A26 is switched off and the USB cable connected, you can see that the cable supplies 5v to the Gustard and that the on/off button on the A26 is light on.
I had to change the cable twice for this to work.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #773 of 1,034
I wonder if the on/off button should be light on during the software update? For me, after connecting the USB cable, the on / off button was light on ( back power button Off position) , but Windows 7 did not see the SD card.

Aug 5, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #774 of 1,034
I just told you that the Gustard recognizes 5v, which does not mean that the connected computer can process the data. This is linked to the integration of the driver and I don't know if it is compatible with Win7 (which has not been followed for... years).
With an original win10 and an A26 out of the box, no worries.

Aug 5, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #775 of 1,034
I just told you that the Gustard recognizes 5v, which does not mean that the connected computer can process the data. This is linked to the integration of the driver and I don't know if it is compatible with Win7 (which has not been followed for... years).
With an original win10 and an A26 out of the box, no worries.
Ok, everything is clear now. I let try again with Win 10.

Aug 5, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #776 of 1,034
Allora, a che punto siamo? :xf_eek:cchiolino:

A proposito, ho dimenticato queste informazioni: durante il processo di aggiornamento, quando l'A26 è spento e il cavo USB collegato, è possibile vedere che il cavo fornisce 5v al Gustard e che il pulsante on / off sull'A26 è acceso.
Ho dovuto cambiare il cavo due volte perché funzionasse.
I haven't tried to open it yet, I need to find the right key

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #778 of 1,034
Well, opening it wasn't that difficult, once opened I took out the mini SD card and put the new SanDisk 32 gb written with the new 1v42 firmware via Balena.
Once connected it turned on to LAN but the ethernet port the Gustard is connected to on the Cisco Switch the port stayed off.
No connection, it seemed that the Lan did not even send the electrical signal.
Then I took the remote control and set the next input, then went back to LAN and magically started talking between the Cisco and the Gustard. In short, now it works great, I would dare perfectly.
The hex key you need must be in inches

Users who are viewing this thread

Back