Guns N' Roses kicks off tour
Nov 9, 2002 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

zoboomofo

1000+ Head-Fier
Gn'R made their first stop/no-show in Vancouver last night. It was really unfortunate as stranded fans got rowdy. There have been many news reports on tv about idiots hurling stones at security and police, innocents getting clubbed in the melee, and vandalism to our precious ice rink
biggrin.gif

I wasn't at the show, but I thought it was newsworthy to you folks, especially mcbiff. Anyway, well done Axl. You're a jackass.

Nov 9, 2002 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 16
My brother's friend was at the concert, someone jumped him during the riot and beat the crap out of him. Now the back of his hand has a huge gross lump of a bruise that "looks like a giant tumour on his hand".

Nov 9, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #3 of 16
jeez, you canadians are so violent, much worse than us evil Americans, lol.

What's with you people and GNR? This is the second time a riot broke out when GNR failed to play.

Nov 9, 2002 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
I was pretty surprised too, I just saw a clip of the riot and it's really, really excessive. I had no idea we were so stupid.

Must be the cold weather!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 9, 2002 at 3:03 PM Post #8 of 16
I think it was termed a riot because it is so out of character for Canadians. The news searches for the worst examples for their 30 second clips. Well at least no one was shot.

Nov 9, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #9 of 16
Here we have a complete moron Axl Rose who has not toured for about 8 years and is getting a second chance to redeam himself. And what does he do? He fails to show up for probably his most important concert of his life. Not many people get second chances and he did not even try and make it right. There should be prison terms for stupidity. Axl Rose would be the first convicted.

Nov 10, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by joe dick
wait a minute.
i saw the same clips as everyone else - what i saw was a few yobs busting a door and some windows. oh no. destruction of private property.

what i also saw was about a million cops - every available officer was called out - with clubs, mace and dogs lashing out at everyone who got in their way.
sorry guys, i grew up believing i lived in a free society. i don`t believe that vandalism should be met with a full scale assault.
don`t tell me that this was a riot - north america hasn`t experienced many full scale riots. a few in L.A. mainly over race issues and one or two in canada in winnipeg in 1919 and in montreal over hockey.

axl rose was, is and shall be an a**hole. last minute cancellation of the first show of your world tour is a good example of his respect for his fans. what he did was wrong. noone should buy his records.

vandalism is childish and pointless. punching out a building because your little rock show got canned is pretty imbecilic. if you do this your privileges as an adult should be taken away.

the original idea behind having a police force was to protect the citizenry from criminals... not to protect corporate assets and government interests. i have nothing against the police using force to subdue those who were throwing stones and breaking windows. by all means go ahead. but i don`t believe that gives them license to mace, baton and sic dogs on bystanders.

yes, i have been there. at the g8 conference at ottawa i protested.they said that there was a riot there because some idiot broke a window at a mcdonalds. i was there. the real problems started when the police waded in throwing their weight around. every chance i get i protest. it`s my right. it`s also my right to protest without fear of police reprisal.

i don`t equate vandalism with protest. but police overreaction is police overreaction. if you don`t think that your freedoms are being eroded... well i`ll still protest to protect your interests.

Amen

Nov 10, 2002 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 16
Yes, the reports of a "riot" were exaggerated. I'm not sure the concert was a sellout anyway, so you probably had a few dozen losers slapping each other. I've heard that the move to cancel was a red herring to put the Tacoma show in a favorable light. KR..., that was rather damn funny but I agree with DarkAngel. There's something about the original Gn'R lineup that works for me. Every time I hear one of those tunes, ... makes me wanna bust into the Axl Shuffle.

"Muuuuuuahhhhhh yeeaahha yeaaaaaaah yeeeaaaaaaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyeeeeeaaaa aaaaah"
- Axl Rose.

Nov 10, 2002 at 9:12 PM Post #13 of 16
I think Axl had problems with his transportation, and that was why he couldn't make it, or something. No doubt he's the original rock n roll jackass, but I heard this one wasn't his fault.

Nov 10, 2002 at 10:17 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
I think Axl had problems with his transportation, and that was why he couldn't make it, or something. No doubt he's the original rock n roll jackass, but I heard this one wasn't his fault.

That could be. That's the real problem with developing a reputation like his... anytime anything goes wrong people just assume that it was your fault.

Nov 11, 2002 at 1:31 AM Post #15 of 16
The thing I hate about Axl Rose the most is that his current bass-player is the excellent Tommy Stinson of the Replacements. The Replacements were going to re-form recently, but Axl threatened to fire Tommy if he took time off to do it. He's had him in his clutches for years and he hasn't hardly used him, and then won't let him off to go back to his original (and vastly superior, but lower-paying) band.

person!

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back