Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy - Leaked
Jun 19, 2008 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

mcmurray

100+ Head-Fier
Apparently it's out there now. I'm not sure if it's the full album or part of it, but all the old leaked tunes are there, fully mastered, along with 4 newies. I look foward to hearing it, and with Buckethead the brains behind most of the compositions I reckon it will be absolutely kick ass
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #4 of 17
Well the songs are available to listen on last.fm. I've been waiting so long for this album, and quite frankly it doesn't need Slash for the music to kick ***. I'm definitely buying it when it comes out, but I don't know what the hold up is, it's been done recording long ago. I heard it this album is just part of trilogy, so that's good news to.

The style has changes quite a bit with what seem like grungy, and comparing to original gnr albums where Axl has been been controlling, this sound like has many inputs from each individual members, either that or he has been listening to alot of music lately, because the music is very diverse. I think the grunge sound and being too straight forward might wear out the music a bit for me though. But all the songs are great.

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, buckethead left the band.

Buckethead was fired. He didn't leave on his own free will. (though I am not sure why they would bring him back on)

News Release from group leader Axl Rose
Quote:

During his tenure with the band Buckethead has been inconsistent and erratic in both his behavior and commitment- despite being under contract- creating uncertainty and confusion and making it virtually impossible to move forward with recording, rehearsals and live plans with confidence.

Jun 19, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buckethead was fired. He didn't leave on his own free will. (though I am not sure why they would bring him back on)

News Release from group leader Axl Rose

That letter was released after Buckethead left on his own free will (stopped showing up). GNR tried desperately to get him back, but he didn't want to be part of it as there was nothing happening.

Jun 20, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bumblefoot is the guitarist right now and he's no slouch....

True. But Buckethead is just "technically" superior. And none of the replacements is more "soulful" than Slash.

In any case, so far, my favorite among the leaked songs is "Better." Harley-Davidson "inadvertently" released a very high quality version of that song as the soundtrack of their commercial and it was totally awesome.

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #15 of 17
Can't say I like GnRs enough to even care about this album but was curious enough about the new soound to read through this entire thread. (What can that possibly mean?) But I digress, some of the media watchers had noted that it was bound to be leaked sooner or later since it has been in production for so long. I thought that was an interesting enough insight to add to the thread. It sort of speaks to digital media and how the recording industry works now etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back