Gunman holds school board hostage (caught on tape)
Dec 15, 2010 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
WOAH...fortunately none of the goods guys were killed. 

The school board members (especially Ginger Littleton) act in a shockingly brave manner.  

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 74
Give me a break guys, real shots were fired and the gunman eventually killed himself (after the video ends). This isn't a conspiracy 
angry_face.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 74
I think the shooter was watching a different V for Vendetta than the rest of us.

I like what the board chair had to say at the end about not wanting to turn the meeting space into an armory, but what do you do about nutcases with guns?

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 74
No one got hurt despite being shot at from like 5-10 feet away.  I call blanks, then he fires a certain number and has a real bullet in place after so many blanks.  The first guy to get shot at reacts like he got hit by something.  Blanks can hurt but aren't lethal.  There will always be nut cases with guns, but you shouldn't disarm the rest of the population because of one idiot.  All this crap just seems to happen around times when talks about certain subjects are in politics, like gun control and TSA BS.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 74
My jaw dropped when Ginger Littleton attempted to disarm him from behind. High marks for timing and bravery. She would have had a pretty good chance at disabling the threat if she knew what she was doing or even just had better upper body strength. As it ended up though, she was damn lucky, as was everyone else in the room.

Quote:
No one got hurt despite being shot at from like 5-10 feet away.  I call blanks, then he fires a certain number and has a real bullet in place after so many blanks.

It is not difficult to miss at 5-10 feet, especially with the poor form, terrible control, and exaggerated movement the gunman exhibits. There are many accounts of police officers missing at those ranges, and they have the advantage of at least being nominally competent with a firearm.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #10 of 74
Except the fact that the first guy to get shot at clearly reacted to being hit by SOMETHING.  And the papers RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM got hit.  Are we going to have another case here of a MAGIC BULLET?  His form isn't that sloppy despite using only one hand to hold the gun.  People who miss from a few feet away are people who hold the gun sideways with a limp wrist.  This guy is holding the gun tight and is a big dude.  The one lady tries to knock the gun out of his hand and she seemed like a fly hitting an elephant.  Movies are stages for tons of gun shots going off without anyone getting hit.  In real life people make shots more accurately than in fiction.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 74
The woman.....wow did she honestly think a purse would do anything maybe there was a brick in it 
blink.gif
 This is how people get killed. Yesterday I was at K-mart and a man and woman where arguing. The man slaps the woman, and a store clerk intervenes...he got his ass whooped. Do not play super hero.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 74
That's the kind of sheep talk that will lead to a police state country.  If you see someone in trouble intervene.  It takes more balls to intervene and get your ass beat than it takes to be that jerk-off doing the wrong.  This is the kind of talk of people who value their own lives over anyone else's.  That woman was brave.  You would be the person to cower under a desk.  Stay out of my way when this world goes downhill and society, and I, lash out.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #13 of 74
First off there is a time for everything there is a thin line between braveness and stupidity. And yes I do value my live over...yours as far as cowering under a desk I'd probably do whatever I'm told. You on the other hand would get shot, which I wish upon no one but intervening is not smart.

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #14 of 74
Intervening is brave.  To just cower away is just cowardly.  You don't know what can happen if you don't take a chance, and I would rather risk my life and do something "stupid" and at least try than to not know others could have been saved.  To teach us all to rely on authorities only is just a blatant attack on society and getting us ready for a takeover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back