Gummy Phones??
Oct 12, 2004 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vault

100+ Head-Fier
I was having a look around Audiocubes new products and I came across the JVC HP-F220 Stereo Gummy Earphones

Has anyone had experience with these? I'd be interested as they blur that line between canal and earphones in that they appear to be flexible and "fill up" your ear like a canal phone, but aren't shoved in as deep as a canal phone which I find uncomfortable.

Comments from the crew?
orphsmile.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by greedycheese
I was also interested in these for two reasons. One is the claimed 16Hz bass extention, the other is I want something with some isolation but not too much.

Try Sony EX51/71, Sharp HP-MD33s.

Apr 27, 2005 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Resurrecting an incredibly old thread AND answering my own question,
etysmile.gif
but I did have reason to find, and purchase, a really cheap pair of JVC HA-F120 "Gummy" earphones.

Primary reason for these was to have what I thought would be a cheap, soft alternative to my stock Apple ear buds that came withmy Shuffle. Specifically for the gym where the Apple buds keep falling out of my gaping ear holes!!

First Impressions Well cheap - Yes. I picked up a purple pair for about US$10 here in Singapore and I thought I may have been on a winner. Now if any of you have been to Audiocubes and had a look at these they certainly look nice and squishy and appear to be that happy medium between a canal phone (I love my Ety ER6is) and a stardard bud. Well think again. The HARDEST plastic I have ever felt. Though they do have a nice translucent appearence, which makes you think they are going to be soft. So not exactly what I was bargaining for!
rolleyes.gif

Sound
Well to be honest not up to even the Apple stock bud standard - though the fit is a little better for me. A bit harsh up at the high end and on some of the dance tracks I have (Daft Punk) I'm getting a little bit of distortion and crackling so these will probably end up in the draw with all those other failed purchases.

Sounds like a bit of rant, which it shouldn't be as I didn't expect much for the price - but certainly leaves the door open for a cheap, soft ear bud that gives a little more isolation than normal bud. Probably end up going with some Sony 888's or EX-81's for the gym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back