Guitar Tutorials?
Apr 18, 2008 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i've decided that i'm going to fully fledge and try to learn the electric guitar. I've had it for about 6 months but have had no major improvements. Are there any good tutorials, video, etc that will progressively develop me into an intermediate player?

Thanks for your input!

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 11
I just look up tabs and play them, and im slowly progressing...

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 11
Well, a friend of mine learned how to play by listening to his favorite songs and try to immetate it. He said by doing that you'll memorize a lot of chords and learn progressions. I may try that one day too. Right now, I'm having trouble changing between chords.

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 11
I would suggest lessons. My guitar should arrive a week before my birthday and I settled with a cheaper model so I could take lessons.

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #7 of 11
First of all, the guitar must be properly tuned and intonated.
Play a note and really listen to it.
Try to play with a loose hand, light touch on the strings and effortless as possible, and strive to play the note/chord in perfect tune. Remember, it is a delicate instrument.

Skip the fuzzbox, and play clean/overdriven.

Apr 18, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #8 of 11
at this stage in life (no time, little money to spare, etc) i found Youtube to be the best place for free tutorials. Learned a new way to play Blackbird there, pretty nifty. I don't use tabs so that's out, pretty much just "monkey see monkey do" things, which i bet is an awful habit, heh.

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 11
I just read tabs and playback sometimes. I have a book on theory based around guitar which extremely good and would be more helpful to a lot of people, but when I do something that's my own I just kind of make it up as I go, I'm not too concerned with what I'm doing so long as it sounds good.

Apr 18, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 11
I know a few people who swears by this book. Can't say myself since I haven't tried it.

Apr 18, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks for the input guys! i'll try get some guitar lessons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back