Guitar-fi anyone?
Nov 10, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #436 of 832
This is something I would love to show off and rub is some other guitarists faces! Behold Ye' Ibanez 1980s RG550 With Seymour Duncan pickups.  Literally, the best guitar I have EVER touched.  I've been playing guitar for 15 years or so, must have played on hundreds of popular models and this classic RG550 is without question the best so far.  You'd never believe how amazing the neck feels if you have never held it.  Super slim and tactile, amazing quality all around from the tuners all the way down to the body.  And its mine...all mine MUAHAHA

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #441 of 832
I play classical guitar. I own a 2009 Randy Angella with a spruce top and Brazilian rosewood back & sides:

And a 2007 Eric Sahlin with a cedar top and Brazilian rosewood back & sides:

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #442 of 832
I see that most of you play electric--I used to.

My BC Rich Beast 7-string (USA)

My custom GMW Warrior 7-string:

Played through a Bogner Uberschall head and two Mesa rectifier cabs:

PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE OLD PICTURES AND I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THAT EQUIPMENT! (I've had several requests to sell them.)

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #443 of 832

Quote:
I play classical guitar. I own a 2009 Randy Angella with a spruce top and Brazilian rosewood back & sides:

And a 2007 Eric Sahlin with a cedar top and Brazilian rosewood back & sides:

Love 'em... I am a classical guy also and mostly, it's just that I have never taken a pic of my Raimundo's Spanish... Maybe I should

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #444 of 832
I built this one a few years ago:

Planning on making another one as soon as i have the money and the tools.
I have a couple partsocasters too. They all go through either a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 or a Tech21 TM60.
I play Seagull acoustics - love the wider necks.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #445 of 832
I've got a Fender american deluxe strat H/S/S with the T-1 switching, locking tuners and bridge (not flyod rose). it also has the 50th anniversary neckplate; some no name weird shaped electric guitar that I got from my uncle, I routed out the body and put in two Humbuckers from a les paul my dad got from a friend at work, made a new pickguard and covered it in comics and sprayed it shiny metallic red. I also have a martin backpacker. My amp is a fender hot rod deville.

edit: found some old pics from like 4 years ago on my computer. excuse the various weaponry I was quite into WMA at the time...

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #446 of 832
I've been slowly getting back into playing again and resurrecting my guitars.  Below is a very excellent Kramer DMZ 3000.  When I bought it, I had no idea how excellent it was and neither did the friend who sold it to me.

The Kramer below is a 1979 model.  It's basically a hard tail Strat with an aluminum neck.  It the neck also has Maple inlays and it has an "Ebinol" fingerboard.  Although it sounds rather industrial and sterile, the guitar has fantastic sustain, better than my real Strat and the neck is very fast.  This guitar plays very nice and will probably last beyond the end of time.  Luckily I never got rid of it even though I bought 2 other guitars.  It does have 2 drawbacks though.  It's heavy as hell, and it tends to go out of tune due to temperature changes, so it's better for playing in a studio setting, or when you can sit down, and just make sure the guitar (if not the player) has a chance to warm up.

I also have a Kramer 600ST from the '80s.  Total big hair guitar.  I just brought it to the music shop to have the guitar tech resurrect it.  Hopefully he can get the Floyd Rose II working properly.  I never really liked this guitar, especially the Floyd Rose, but now that it's almost vintage I figured it was worth it to get it running again.  I actually had the tremolo locked down.  It will be interesting to see how it works when I get it back.  The body is plywood so it will never be worth anything but fun to have around.

Now I'm looking for a Gibson Blueshawk.  Very interesting looking guitar.

http://www.blueshawk.info/intro.htm

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #447 of 832

Quote:
This is something I would love to show off and rub is some other guitarists faces! Behold Ye' Ibanez 1980s RG550 With Seymour Duncan pickups.  Literally, the best guitar I have EVER touched.  I've been playing guitar for 15 years or so, must have played on hundreds of popular models and this classic RG550 is without question the best so far.  You'd never believe how amazing the neck feels if you have never held it.  Super slim and tactile, amazing quality all around from the tuners all the way down to the body.  And its mine...all mine MUAHAHA

Nott shure how that stands up to my RG5EX1 (seriously, I don't know). Is it basswood as well? If it is, would you rather recommend a seymour than a dimarzio for a versatile rock/metal and a hint of blues/pop taste?

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #448 of 832
I am a fairly new guitar player, and have a Gibson SG special faded, which I love :D and play it through a Vox VT20+ or Vox AC30 (Amplug, unfortunately not the real thing!) I have only two pedals, which I don't use much to be honest be they're a lot of fun when I do. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swbf2cheater /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nice! I've always liked guitars like yours, with the humbuckers and single coils, and is that a slot for a whammy? Very versatile! 

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #449 of 832
I'm building my own bass from scratch right now, will post pics when it's done. should be an interesting journey..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back