Guitar-fi anyone?
May 12, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #286 of 833
anyone tried software guitar modellers, I use guitar rig 3 , with headphones, and it blows me away every time. One click to go from clapton to hendrix . Play at dangerous levels and disturb no-one . technology is great nowadays
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #287 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you talking about single coil sized humbuckers (Hot Rails, etc.), the stacked ones (Hot Stack, etc.)?

I'm thinking about the ones that are still supposed to sound like single coils, but aren't. So I think that would be the stacked ones. I guess I'll just have to get to the shop and try a few to see what I like.

May 12, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #289 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaphod373 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone tried software guitar modellers, I use guitar rig 3 , with headphones, and it blows me away every time. One click to go from clapton to hendrix . Play at dangerous levels and disturb no-one . technology is great nowadays
biggrin.gif

I've got a Vox tonelab. It does it all and then some. I hardly use headphones when playing guitar though. I hardly ever need to. Never really tried a complete software solution. I might look into it some day. I can clearly see the advantages of it. It's a great way to create every sound imaginable without having to spend big bucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I want to try a few but the problem is it's hard to find guitars for demo that have the pickups I want stock.

Now that's where I'm quite lucky. There is a shop fairly close to my house - about 70 km - which has pretty much everything I would ever want to audition for as far as guitars and amps go. Every single Gibson, Fender, Martin, Guild and what not including a lot of second hand, modified guitars and amps. I always feel like a kid in a candy store when I'm there. So many things to see and hear. They could put in there for a week and I still wouldn't been done trying things out.

Jun 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #292 of 833
I just realized I never posted in this thread, and I've been reading it for a long time, so here's my gear at the moment.

MIM Fender Strat with loaded American S1 pickguard put in. Has S1 switching and can split the humbucker to single coil.
dsc01348xf9.jpg

Gibson SG Special and my Fender "The Twin" Red Knob. That black knob on the amp has been replaced with a red one.
2219170264_f53bab2399_b.jpg

I've also got an Ibanez Acoustic-Electric AEF30ETBK. Sounds sweeter every day.

I saw some people saying harsh things about SG Specials earlier. I absolutely love the tone I get out of mine.
My next guitar will hopefully be one that I put together myself: a Fiesta Red Strat with maple neck and lace sensor (gold) pickups. I don't know if I want hardtail or floating yet, but I'm leaning towards hardtail. I've wanted this guitar really badly for a while now.
I'll probably be getting an Epiphone Valve Jr. for dorm use right now because I crave that tube tone. I'll have nowhere to put the twin and my only small amp is a solid state 30 watt.

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #294 of 833
If I'm not mistaken it's a 2001, though I haven't owned it that whole time. It was purchased used (though in absolutely perfect condition) and the pickups were then switched.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #295 of 833
So my plans of buying an Epiphone Valve Junior vanished. I was convinced to get something bigger to function in practices and at small gigs, and just purchased a Fender Blues Junior in the Brown/Oxblood color today (not the "NOS" version with the Jensen speaker). The price was very fair ($424.99 new + free shipping) and I've heard nothing but good reviews from friends. I tried one out and had no complaints. Some claim it's limited in functionality, but it has exactly what I want out of an amp. Now I'm really excited.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:00 PM Post #297 of 833
I love those amps, especially when you crank the clean channel all the way up. I would've gotten one but they don't have an FX loop, which I need for my GT-10 rig

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #298 of 833
bored, so here are pics of my two best guitars. (old pics, I will take full shots soon)

First is my 2009 Fender Japan 62 reissue with Texas Specials.
Love this guitar. the '62-65 strat is my favorite of all time. These Japanese Fenders are incredible.

Here is my Epiphone Masterbilt Dread DR-500RNS.

No full body shot, here is a stock photo.

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #299 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkevo25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First is my 2009 Fender Japan 62 reissue with Texas Specials.
Love this guitar. the '62-65 strat is my favorite of all time. These Japanese Fenders are incredible.

That is a gorgeous strat, I love the sunburst finishes. Was that made in Japan? I thought Fender stopped doing the Made in Japan Strats a few years ago. When I find a camera I'll post some pics of my MIM Strat and my acoustic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #300 of 833
Still making 'em!

What you might be confused about is that Fender Japan stopped labeling them 'Made in Japan' and started saying 'Crafted in Japan' when they changed factories years ago. There was always a huge debate about which ones were better, but there have been no real conclusions. For some reason, they have started using the 'Made in Japan' label again this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhinosaur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a gorgeous strat, I love the sunburst finishes. Was that made in Japan? I thought Fender stopped doing the Made in Japan Strats a few years ago. When I find a camera I'll post some pics of my MIM Strat and my acoustic.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back