Guitar-fi anyone?
Jan 22, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #136 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman19853 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bought a cheap Schecter Omen-7 to add a 7-string to the collection. Picked up a Seymour Duncan JB for the bridge and a SH-2n for the neck. Also ordered some push pull pots to add either coil tapping or series/parallel, haven't decided yet.

On a side note, the Peavey Classic 30 head I ordered the day after Christmas STILL isn't in
angry_face.gif

Nice, Schecter 7s are pretty nice, I've got a blackjack ATX which is one of the ugliest colours on earth but whatever. I sold the one in the bottom on this picture, the tummy cut was too big for skinny people like me >.<

7s_together.jpg

Jan 25, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #137 of 833
Got a Fender Ash Deluxe Strat w/ S-1 Switch.
Looking into getting an amp (switching from a marshall MG 100 DFX that i got for free) ... been eyeing the Vox AC30 CC2 (or CC2X, depending on how much $ i have in my bank at the time of purchase) for a longg time, but a good deal never seems to pop up.

thinking about getting a used one off craigslist somewhere but its a gamble..

anyones opinion on buying used Class-A tube amps used? lol.
Any other suggestions for blues, jazz, easy pop playing where I can get a decent clean tube tone (not looking into the Tube driven OD, just something amazingly clean) with a unique sound like Vox?

Chances are i'll still be looking @ Vox's, but suggestions are always welcome. (i tried fender amps, not for me.)

cheers

ill take a picture of my setup later and post it up here..
my other axes (haha, always wanted to say that) are:
- 2007 Taylor 410ce - looking to sell and upgrade to 714 someday... sigh
- standard Gibson SG, my very first good guitar, got lots of dings and scratches, i will never sell this
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #138 of 833
I am so freaking happy now.. I have to tell you a short story

In Late 2008 I bought a rare Edwards guitar on Ebay (Edwards is a japanese ESP brand.. their build quality is above LTD but below ESP guitars) .. it was an Alexi Laiho model with the scythe inlay (rare limited run), original floyd rose, gotoh tuners and it was white with the black stripe cover.. it was such a beauty and very rare in north america

Anyway UPS damaged it during shipping. I filed a claim and they took the guitar back to 'inspect the damage and verify the claim'. That was the last they ever talked to me. They shipped the item back to the shipper and proceeded to deal with him. How they dealt with him, is that they asked him for his receipt of it, payed him out in full, took the guitar, and shredded it for wood. I wanted to cry. Such a beautiful piece of work used as firewood. The seller sent me the money I payed for it but I didn't want the money, I just wanted stupid UPS to give me a check to have a luthier fix it. Sigh.

Anyway.. I was never able to find another model like it.. until.. ESP just announced at NAMM 2009 that they'll be bringing it back!

I will have to get the ESP model as the LTD has neither an OFR nor Gotoh tuners. This time however I will have Alexi's MM-04 boost switch at least
smily_headphones1.gif

Behold the beauty... complete with the Scythe inlay

Alexi-Scythe.jpg

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #140 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the Arrowhead inlays IMO. Matches the "V" theme.

Yes but the scythe is rarer and fits the theme of a CoB fan since all their albums include the reaper and his scythe
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #142 of 833
If only ESPs were cheaper.
frown.gif

Nevertheless, I'd pick a standard Japanese-made guitar over a American Custom Shop guitar any day. Quality more or less on par with vintage guitars. Unlike all the new Gibsons and Fenders.

Jan 28, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #143 of 833
I would love one of those Vs with the scythe, but i'm looking at the m-1000 for now.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #144 of 833
Virgin Headfi post... and of all the places to post! Thought i'd start somewhere i'm more familiar... anyways, here's my humble collection.

3019498788_e27298a396_d.jpg

The Family Photo
Left to Right:

1. Godin SD
Notables: Black pearl finish, WCR SR neck and bridge single coils, Fillmore bridge. WCR pots & cap. Dunlop Straploks.

2. 1988 / 1989 Fender MIJ Telecaster
Notables: Harmonic Design Super 90 bridge pup, Vintage Plus neck pup. Brass saddles. Graphtech string trees. Dunlop Straploks.

3. NNG Custom Bass
Notables: Order came in wrong - was supposed to have a rosewood board, PJ pup configs but ended up with a maple board and Jazz pups. OH WELL.

4. 2006 Gibson Modern Classics Hummingbird
Notables: FMI saddle

5. 1991 Gibson SG Standard
Notables: Harmonic Design Z-90 pups, Graphtech saddles, Dunlop Straploks.

6. 1993 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Notables: WCR American Steele pups, Orange drop caps, CTS pots, Graphtech saddles, Dunlop Straploks

2817325227_d1be3144bc_d.jpg

My main stage guitars

2731644263_baf9b7d03e_d.jpg

The Cousins
Signal Chain:
Jacques Trinity Filter > Lovepedal Eternity > Jetter Gainstage Gold > Jetter Gainstage Blue > BOSS PS-3 Pitch Shifter/ Delay > T C Electronic Nova System