Guilty Pleasures
Nov 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #76 of 107
Black Eyed Peas......don't laugh

Nov 17, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #79 of 107
Nov 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #81 of 107
I have struggled with this question, 'cause if I dig something I tend to not stress about it. However, I've gotta admit that admiring Snoop Dogg's work is maaaddd complicated. It all comes down to delivery. There're a trunkload of valid reasons to hate on him (start with misogyny, and move on from there), but "flow" is absolutely not one of them. His is just plain ridiculous.

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #82 of 107
T.a.T.u 

Can't beat sweet Russian "lesbians", their albums in Russian were much better than the ones in English.

I also loved Easy-E's E-Z Duz It, mainly because it was the first cassette I've ever owned...

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #86 of 107
Never mind

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #89 of 107
Is it wrong to love jam bands? haha

I love all kinds of music and I love going to go see all sorts of concerts but my favorite band of all time, Umphrey's McGee is a jam band. I have seen them nearly 50 times live in the last 4 years (more so when I was seeing them in College).

I often find myself having to... explain myself when I am describing my passion to friends or family members.

Does this make it a guilty pleasure? What do you think? Are there any bands you have seen many times live?

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #90 of 107

Quote:
Does this make it a guilty pleasure? What do you think? Are there any bands you have seen many times live?

I've seen Living Colour close to 30 times, anyway... and they're a guilty pleasure only because the records give no indication whatsoever of how good they can be; also because they're rarely as good as they were in the "old days" before the first record came out.

I've seen a couple of other people around a dozen times, though no guilt anywhere to be found.

Speaking of Umphrey's... I know one of my favorite musicians (Mike Keneally - whom I've also seen around 30 times) has guested with them on stage several times, but I haven't seen them live.  I haven't had much of a chance to check them out on record, even, though I did hear a fan-recording that wasn't great (the recording was just ok, which isn't fair as an intro to a band, though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back