Guillemots...
Sep 18, 2006 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nerull

100+ Head-Fier
Haven't heard of them? Well, perhaps you should give them a try...because...

Good god! Amazing music! The sound, the emotion, it's sooooo good! I suggest everyone give them a listen, because wow, it's good stuff. (plus it sounds good quality-wise). Anyone else like them? These guys definitely deserve some credit from more people....

~Tom

Sep 19, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 4
I like their album, very interesting sound, good songs and , above all, one of the rare very well recorded CDs.
They are playing several gigs in London in October and just today I have been trying to get some tickets, but all sold out. I will have to go through the touts on ebay
mad.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 4
I saw the Guillemots playing at London Calling festivalin Amsterdam, these guys are amazing, With their contrary atmospheric popsongs and influences wich reach to Chinese folk as far pure jazz.
Imagine this combination :

-a guy from the UK who is classical (music) educated, the singer,pianist,songwriter

-a Brassilian guitarist

-a Canadian jazz student

and a guy from Scotland who is a percussionist.

In an intervieuw they said, "our goal is making quality music",
2 weeks ago I bought their album called "Through the Window", I think this is def one of the best albums made in 2006 !

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Ah yes, I just bought the album yesterday, what a coincidence....!

Yes, I can't wait, and I'm glad to hear they're awesome live and strive for quality music. Ah yes, new hope in music. Nice to know that someone else enjoys them as much as I do.
rs1smile.gif

~Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back