Guide me to my first "Upper" end headphone
Feb 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nmxdaven

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

After owning just about everything under the 1k mark, I think its time to go above that. A little background.

I've owned just about every major dynamic under the 1k mark, a few planar magnetic, and only recently electrostatic.

1. I've been in love with the Denon AHD series ever sense I've owned them. I honestly like my AHD2k's more than just about any dynamic (Including D5000's, havnt heard the 7000's yet) I've owned. However, I do love the 650's and 600's as well.
  2. I recently got my first introduction pair of stax, a normal bias pair of lambdas and a SR-1 energizer. I wasnt expecting much from a "bargin" pair of stax, however I was quite blown away. They are just so crisp and clean, and still have a very well articulated low end. They blow away most of my dynamics.
  3. While I love my lcd-2's and 400's, I'm not "In love" with them. I could sell them tomorrow and not cry myself to sleep.
  4. My musical taste includes everything imaginable. Cannibal Corpse to Steely Dan to Infected Mushroom to Hank Williams.

Do you suggest I invest in the higher end stax models? Possibly a sr-007 and a good amp? Will they blow me away the same way the labdas did in comparison to my dynamic cans or should I be going in a different direction?

Thanks,
Cory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back