[Guide]How To Make Your Monitor Sexy
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PhaedraCorruption

100+ Head-Fier

Gentlemen, today I will demonstrate the art of removing the AG(Anti-Glare) layer on your monitor. This will make your monitor incredibly crisp and bright.

Step 1) Disassemble down to the screen itself, remove even the metal bezel around screen. 

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Step 2) Get wet/damp paper towel and lay it on the screen[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Step 3) Wait 4-6 hours depending on the make and model of your screen[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Step 4) Peel[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Step 5)????[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]Step 6) PROFIT[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

Two things I might want to mention for anything wanting to replicate this:

1) Make sure to keep the towl/cloth/paper as damp at all times, I would suggest spaying with water every 45-60 mins.

2) When removing AG later, take extra care NOT to remove the polarized layer under it. I would say it's fairly difficult to "accidentally" remove the polarized layer, but if you do, your monitor will cease to display anything UNLESS you are wearing polarized sunglasses. 

A rather fun mod to do would be to remove said polarized layer on a laptop and... say... bring it to class, as long as you and only you are wearing polarized glasses, to everybody else, you will just look like you are pretending to work.

Mar 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Interesting, I didn't realize that the AG layer could be separated so easily. I won't be replicating this though as I just can't stand shiny displays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back