Guidance choosing Open Headphones
May 26, 2010 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SeanR111

New Head-Fier
Hello, I just put together a new computer and put an ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card in it and was looking to purchase a new pair of quality headphones to go with it.  I'm inexperienced when it comes to the audio technology market, and was hoping I might get some suggestions as to what headphones I should purchase.  I prefer open headphones for their comfort, and would like to spend less than $200.  My music genres are melodic / symphonic metal (Luca Turilli, Nightwish) and some electronic trance music, so headphones that would complement these music genres would be ideal.  My thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

-Sean

May 26, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 10
Alessandro MS-1/Grado SR225i are good options.

May 26, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #5 of 10
The comfort of Grados is very subjective, some people find them comfortable, some don't. 

May 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 10
I recently purchased a pair of MS-1i's and I find them to be very comfortable with the bowls without even bothering with bending the headband as many people suggest. It seems to be very dependent on ear/head size and shape.

May 26, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #9 of 10
M50 clamping force is pretty strong

SRH840 earpads are comfortable enough (I used SRH840 earpads on my SRH440) but I heard that the weightv is a pain in the a$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back