GUESS WHAT
Feb 10, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 9
Yes. Unless you got it from Amazon. They might not replace it because they wouldn't replace the second one I sent back to them. All they would do was give me a refund. I know that rockit had the same problem as you and got his replaced though.

Feb 10, 2005 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 9
wow this is bullsh!t.... how come so many screwed up backlights?

Feb 10, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 9
Dear Danny,

Thank you for emailing Creative Technical Support!

If you have purchased two in which the same issue is being displayed,
then it could be that the light, in combination with the plastic, will
give you an appearance of a peachie color, as you mentioned before. I
do not think this is a defect or a problem, unless it's clearly
transparent to the point where you can see it was not intentional. This
is the first time we've heard of this problem, so if you feel that it is
not what you were expecting, then changing it to Red appears to be the
better alternative.

Feb 10, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 9
what color was the micro?

Feb 10, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #6 of 9
Mine is light blue. Yeah Amazon sent me to same thing =/ You think Creative would send me a replacement? I mean I can deal with it but I'd prefer a "perfect" one, considering all the trouble I went trying to find a "perfect" vendor. Amazon is great and I don't blame them if they are irritated with complaints. Creative should hold all responsible. And if they do not consider it a defect, isn't it like false advertisement? Or maybe I should just refund it and find another place to buy it. Anyone know a place cheaper than $223 (I think my mom is about to have a cow with all the credit card usage), including shipping and tax?

Feb 10, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #7 of 9
newegg ships faster than amazon and gets better reviews too. there is no tax except in california i think and they're price is like 223 plus 5 bucks for ship. i got mine there along with every other electronic i own...well basically every one fry's does have some wicked sales evey now and again.

ps. the fact that it is light blue goes along with the statement some guy made a while back saying that only certian colors have the glowing background. he then listed all the colors, i quoted him on the second page of my new zen micro faceplate thread i think.

edit - ya alright i found the guy's quote and so far he seems to be right on the money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagr
The new face plates are only for light blue, white, orange, pink & lime green colors. The rest are unaffected.

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #8 of 9
uGH, I am scared to order the red from amazon, cuz i do not want them sending me another "transparent" one. Especially since im getting red, it would make it like pinkish purple! ewwwww
frown.gif

SNUKSTER- CAN YOU POST PICS OF THIS DEFECT? WANNA SEE IF ITS THE SAME AS MINE WAS

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #9 of 9
I bought my zen micro (silver) from newegg and my back light didnt work at all it had no light, nd i didnt get my 2nd battery like there ad says. so i called them up and there sending me another silver one,but i had to pay for shipping to send the defective one back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back