GTA Toronto Meet? North York?
May 10, 2006 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

JaGWiRE

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys. Last meet was pretty good, I really want to go to another one. I am not really the guy for planning, but I was curious if anybody would be interested in a meet in the future in North York or a global position in the GTA? Last meet was downtown, and it was pretty far I think for a lot of us like myself. I'm in Thornhill, and North York is a lot easier then downtown, and just by looking at a few members from the last meet, it seems we have a large populance in North York / the Gta. What do you guys think?

May 10, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 16
I would be interested. I also live in Thornhill, anywhere in the GTA is okay with me though as long as it is TTC accessible.

Warning: I only have portapro's and ksc75s
rolleyes.gif

May 10, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by memoriesaflame
I would be interested. I also live in Thornhill, anywhere in the GTA is okay with me though as long as it is TTC accessible.

Warning: I only have portapro's and ksc75s
rolleyes.gif

better then my triports last meet LOL. On a more serious note, it'de be pretty good to have it in a more central location for people in the GTA, downtown is just awful for us I think.

May 11, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 16
north york meet sounds perfect...to set upp a meet is probably easy but to get a place for it is a different story...i would if i had a house set it upp...but im still looking for the house lol...and that would not be in gta then =)...just a thought why not meet at a park?(if the wind is not too much to handle)... bbq beer (remember to keep them hidden) and headphones lol..we would be limited to portable players and amps though...unless anyone got one of those powersupplys that you can charge...also those converters from a car battery would do the trick...maybe it is a dumb thought but hey i didnt say im normal did i? hehe its probably a mini meet more than a national anyways...

May 12, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 16
outside would be alot less of a headphone meet, and alot more of a meeting other members meet. I'm up for anything in the GTA, I didn't want to miss the last one but it was unavoidable.

May 12, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
outside would be alot less of a headphone meet, and alot more of a meeting other members meet. I'm up for anything in the GTA, I didn't want to miss the last one but it was unavoidable.

yep true enough...but i dont think north york would have a serious headfi meet anyways lol...too soon to have one...so it would probably be more of an see your headfi buddy meet anyways...i dont see anything wrong with it though...nice day off trading thoughts and trying some stuff you didnt got time to do last meet etc...beats a day at home doing nothing at all =) hehe

May 12, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #7 of 16
Heck, I'd still try and come. BBQ, beer and possibly some headfi on the side? Can't complain there!

May 12, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 16
I'd be in for a north york meet, but I'm not sure how much of my stuff I would bring. It would be nice and easy to get there as I work at Yonge & Finch. We just need to keep Jag away from the beer.
evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
I'd be in for a north york meet, but I'm not sure how much of my stuff I would bring. It would be nice and easy to get there as I work at Yonge & Finch. We just need to keep Jag away from the beer.
evil_smiley.gif

agreed lol...i feel bad for him though..missing out on a such delicious flavour mmmmm BEER...but hey..he can have a root beer
icon10.gif
just trying ti think of a good park? suggestions?

May 13, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by eTe
agreed lol...i feel bad for him though..missing out on a such delicious flavour mmmmm BEER...but hey..he can have a root beer
icon10.gif
just trying ti think of a good park? suggestions?

I've got pretty good self control -- too many 13 year olds getting drunk scares me away from any alcoholic beverages of course with the exception of manischveitz wine (sp?), lol, ELI knows what I'm talking about with that I think. (I might be the only kid in my grade who has not really drank anything, I've probably had a sip of beer once or twice with my dads premission, or some wine at special religous events, but that's it. Funny story, an anti drug group came into my school and asked us a bunch of questions about what we tried and stuff, and I'm the only kid there with my hand down the whole time. Everybody who came in thought I was a drug addict or something I think because everybody had their hand up, but me, they thought I was lieing or something.)

Maybe my basement could work, but we would need somebody to bring a table or something, and I'm not sure if I have enough chairs. My basement is fairly large, I'll get a snapshot later. Not sure if you guys would want to drive up to Thornhill though. I live right across from a park, but not one that is ideal for BBQING. I have an BBQ though LOL, bleh. I don't know if I want my dad to know what type of guys I hang out on the internet with LOL, and of course how much of his money is going towards gear for I because of you guys.

If we hosted something at my house, I'de have to probably make sure somebody sells me something (if I have not ordered my Gilmore Lite by then, maybe an amp?), maybe a dac? Anybody have a zhalou
biggrin.gif
? Or a nice source (Denon 2200? 2900? Pioneer 47?)

You guys could test my newly found vintage marantz 2216b though, not sure if anybody at the last meet had a vintage reciever at home. This is pretty neat actually.

May 14, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #11 of 16
I don't mind organising it. It would be nice to have an actual home venue this time. It really alleviates the stress to get out on a certain time and to allow for other luxuries we didn't have at the last UTAC meet. There will however be most likely Jay's meet in July in Hamilton that I can't wait to go to and some of us Torontonians can get together and just take a GO Bus up.

If someone can host it in Toronto then fine I'll take care of everything with the host of course and we'll make it happen. I've got summatives coming up though and I'm not sure how much time I will have until July when I'm home free. I definately want to give more notice this time around because it wasn't really fair to those who already had plans who really wanted to go.

If someone wants to host it drop me a PM at anytime and I'll most likely get back to you in < 12 hours and we'll see what we can string together.

-The_Duke_Of_Eli

P.S.: We'll just have to try to pry Jag away from the cooler
tongue.gif

May 14, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I don't mind organising it. It would be nice to have an actual home venue this time. It really alleviates the stress to get out on a certain time and to allow for other luxuries we didn't have at the last UTAC meet. There will however be most likely Jay's meet in July in Hamilton that I can't wait to go to and some of us Torontonians can get together and just take a GO Bus up.

If someone can host it in Toronto then fine I'll take care of everything with the host of course and we'll make it happen. I've got summatives coming up though and I'm not sure how much time I will have until July when I'm home free. I definately want to give more notice this time around because it wasn't really fair to those who already had plans who really wanted to go.

If someone wants to host it drop me a PM at anytime and I'll most likely get back to you in < 12 hours and we'll see what we can string together.

-The_Duke_Of_Eli

P.S.: We'll just have to try to pry Jag away from the cooler
tongue.gif

haha, in my pm 5 mins ago I told you that you should check my thread. PM me back with some info on how it would work and etc if I was to host it, and I'de speak it over with my parents. We would need a large table, some chairs and some people who would be willing to travel over to Thornhill (the bus station is fairly close though, maybe 5 minute walk, so no big deal there.) As for the July meet with Philodox, I'de love to go, but my parents won't drive, so the bus is a great idea.

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #13 of 16
Yeah...Im new to the forums...and would probally like to meet with people in North York.

Im right at finch station as well.

But...We should meet at someones house nearer to the subway. Its like having to spend 2 bus/subway fares to go to thornhill for most people that is almost worse than downtown. We should find a quiet public place in north york that we can meet at on the weekends..make it almost a bi-monthly thing.

W/e...
Im looking for a good place. and office building basement thing would almost be good for weekends. because no one would be there.

Ill keep looking.
if it ends up being in thornhill you can probally count me in as well

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nf1n1ty
Yeah...Im new to the forums...and would probally like to meet with people in North York.

Im right at finch station as well.

But...We should meet at someones house nearer to the subway. Its like having to spend 2 bus/subway fares to go to thornhill for most people that is almost worse than downtown. We should find a quiet public place in north york that we can meet at on the weekends..make it almost a bi-monthly thing.

W/e...
Im looking for a good place. and office building basement thing would almost be good for weekends. because no one would be there.

Ill keep looking.
if it ends up being in thornhill you can probally count me in as well

This thread has kind of died down, but it's not a bad thing to ressurect it. There was a good showup at the first T.O. meet and I have no problem organising another one over the summer, attendance permitting. However there are already two other Ontario meets, philodox's Hamiltion meet on July 8th and the Canadian National Meet on the 5th of August I think it's tentatively set. Having something bi-monthly may be too much on a regular basis because people's gear doesn't change that fast so you'll see less and less attendance. If we need a Toronto-area meet for those who can't make the trek to Hamiltion (literally a 50 minute go-bus ride from Union) or to Ottawa (much further, what is it? 400 km?) we'll have another Toronto meet, this time at a bigger location.

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
This thread has kind of died down, but it's not a bad thing to ressurect it. There was a good showup at the first T.O. meet and I have no problem organising another one over the summer, attendance permitting. However there are already two other Ontario meets, philodox's Hamiltion meet on July 8th and the Canadian National Meet on the 5th of August I think it's tentatively set. Having something bi-monthly may be too much on a regular basis because people's gear doesn't change that fast so you'll see less and less attendance. If we need a Toronto-area meet for those who can't make the trek to Hamiltion (literally a 50 minute go-bus ride from Union) or to Ottawa (much further, what is it? 400 km?) we'll have another Toronto meet, this time at a bigger location.

Yeah, I think Hamilton is so close already, about a month give or take a day or two, I'm going to tlet this thread just ride it's life out. I'll be going to Ottawa and Hamilton, so no big deal to I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back