gsferrari : REVIEW : Apple iPod (3rd Gen) VS Rio Karma
Dec 1, 2003 at 5:59 AM Post #31 of 42
THX!!!!! lol!!

*Bookmarks Thread*

wink.gif

Dec 1, 2003 at 6:06 AM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
iRiver and Creative products coming in this week...I hope they have something "special" up their sleeve...

Man you are one rich student. Are you planning to keep 4 hard drive base mp3 player?

Dec 1, 2003 at 6:07 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
So does this mean the iPod battery lasts longer than you originally thought? Or still ~6 hours?

No its still 6 - 7 hours if I am lucky and then the unit dies. But the odd thing is that I didnt notice the zero battery indication even when I took pics of the iPod in that condition!!
tongue.gif

Im losing my eyesight or my observation skills
rolleyes.gif

Dec 1, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by White Knight
Man you are one rich student. Are you planning to keep 4 hard drive base mp3 player?

NO WAY!! Im rich!?! Im just being brave and picking everything up for a quick audition and then all but one goes right back where it came from. I cant help it - no other way to check em all out and see for myself which one fits my needs...

The credit card company is happy because I spend on an average $3000.00 per month making purchases for my prof which get refunded to me by check from the department...
600smile.gif

This is a BIG buy for me because I earn like $300.00 per month...$400.00 if I am lucky... and I have been saving for over 6 months for this.

I've saved $730.00 in total and out of this $150.00 went towards my Senn HD580, $200.00 is my MAX budget for an amp and the rest is for a HDD player...

Im surprised not many people do this? Is it unethical or something to buy, check out and then return? I dont have a choice...and they dont seem to complain...

Dec 1, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by adi
Was going to audition the Karma, but bestbuy ($350) didn't want to price match web-based walmart ($290). So I took home just the ipod.

Best Buy can be incredible jerks when it comes to pricematching. Just explain to them that the price on the walmart site is the price in-store and they can make a call to a walmart to check, or ask to speak with their superior. I don't see how else pricematching would work because products prices aren't officially listed or advertised anywhere else other than the net and promotional flyers. Yea...

Dec 2, 2003 at 3:07 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by Csidinim
Best Buy can be incredible jerks when it comes to pricematching. Just explain to them that the price on the walmart site is the price in-store and they can make a call to a walmart to check, or ask to speak with their superior. I don't see how else pricematching would work because products prices aren't officially listed or advertised anywhere else other than the net and promotional flyers. Yea...

Circuit City at first wasn't so helpful. I gave them crap about the supposed $50 savings on the Karma on their $399.99 price since the retail is only $349.99 to boot. Went to a different Circuit City in Delaware and they agreed to pricematch Walmart so I picked it up for $284 with no sales tax, took it back to the other circuit city on my way home and returned it. The woman there was shocked that I got a hard time about it there. If Walmart didn't carry it at their store, it'd say "web only" on the karma page.

Dec 2, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #39 of 42
gsferrari...

your review is great... can you tell me... the images you have... are they on a good server / likely to remain online for the foreseeable future? if so... then i'll join everything together, and put a copy upstairs
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks

Duncan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back