GS1000 vs Edition 9
Apr 10, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Good question... I've got both and I'd say that the Edition9 is definitely the champ on classical piano (it can reach deep into the piano like no other can I own) but otherwise it's just personal taste. The GS1000 is geared a little bit more towards the higher frequencies (in other words, it's brighter).

Apr 10, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 5
GS-1000UE9.jpg

This may show a little of what you get from both without saying anything about attack and delay effects of the driver.

I think my UE9 is an all rounder that does well with anything.

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GS-1000UE9.jpg

I'm just wondering what was the reference level in dB to create this frequency response. -20 db (and more in places) attenuation (if reference is 0dB) would be unacceptable for any headphones considering +/-3dB @1kHz IEEE standard requirement for frequency response flatness.

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just wondering what was the reference level in dB to create this frequency response. -20 db (and more in places) attenuation (if reference is 0dB) would be unacceptable for any headphones considering +/-3dB @1kHz IEEE standard requirement for frequency response flatness.

Then think speaker response curves and how they vary. Only a few people actually tune their rooms as good as those curves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back