GS-X pics
Feb 25, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 21
Posting pictures for a product that hasn't been released yet is like advertising. The only place for advertising is at Mall-Fi. It's ok if it's posted by members from Headamp. I think that's why.

Discussion and speculation is ok, though.

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #4 of 21
I was curious about that too, so if someone "stumbles" upon unreleased pictures of the new Sennheiser HD700 they won't be able to show them here? That's a bit odd, it would just be for everyone else to see right?

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 21
I would suspect there is a really good reason for the deletions and it's better left alone. Way too much time and venom have been spent on the topic and it seems every time it happens old wounds get opened. Jude's been very clear in past posts about why these things take place, I'd dig up those posts and put two and two together...

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:44 PM Post #6 of 21
I just wanted to know what was allowed and what wasn't and was wondering where the rule was posted if there was one. I hadn't seen this come up in the past.

Jude PMed me the situation and it is pretty much what Anilan posted.

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 21
Does this have something do with the posting of pictures of the innards and circuits of an amp, when the designer of the amp would prefer not to have such pictures posted in order to protect their intellectual property?
I'm not stating any opinion on this, I'm just asking because I did do the search that you suggested and to be honest I'm no more clear as to why threads about the GS-X would be deleted, but the speculation above is what would make sense to me as one of the few reasons why Jude would delete something. I too would like to avoid saying anything which would case threads to be deleted or locked since I'm interested in the GS-X.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonance
Does this have something do with the posting of pictures of the innards and circuits of an amp, when the designer of the amp would prefer not to have such pictures posted in order to protect their intellectual property?

You can't necessarily tell the specific parts from pics of internals nor draw an accurate schematic. You could get a sense for the circuit design, quality of parts, quality of layout, thoughtfulness, etc. from these pics though.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #9 of 21
Does anyone know which module was in the GS-X that was at the recent So-Cal meet? I'm curious since the pics of GS-X from the So-Cal meet show different modules than the one shown in the pics from the HeadAmp's site (which looks to be the Gilmore module used in GS-1's).

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

No, the amp designer or builder freely shows pictures of the innards of his amps on his web site. It has more to do with advertising on this site. I believe if no one posts pictures or links from the web site, this thread will not get deleted.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Isn't this whole thing a bit absurd? It's not like this hasn't happened a billion times before with some certain other amps...

The GS-X looks really nice though.

Yeah the GS-X is beautiful
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #13 of 21
Wow it looks absolutely stunning! I see there are balanced XLR output as well as two 1/4" stereo jacks. Does it mean the GS-X can drive a pair of balanced and two pairs of unbalanced headphones at the same time?

One noob question: what is loop input?

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

One noob question: what is loop input?

I believe that is loop output. Loop output is so that you can use it as a preamp and hook it up to a power amplifier and speakers.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I would suspect there is a really good reason for the deletions and it's better left alone. Way too much time and venom have been spent on the topic and it seems every time it happens old wounds get opened. Jude's been very clear in past posts about why these things take place, I'd dig up those posts and put two and two together...

pardon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back