GS-1000 Packaging
May 6, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #31 of 42
May 8, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
WTH why is the closest lowes on LI in garden city? I don't want to deal with roosevelt field!

there's a lowes in brooklyn, right after the brooklyn/battery park tunnel. sometimes it's worth cabbing throught the tunnel just to get some cheap deals there!

May 8, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I like the $25.00 metal toolcase from Lowes the best to store Headphones.

You would say that! Occupational hazard? After so many years of being the practical kind of guy you are, there is absolutely no romance or mystery left in your headphone storage solutions. I rather like the Office Depot coat racks myself.

As for the Grado pizza boxes (and any original headphone carrying cases, no matter how simple or fancy... i.e., R10) they all get stored in a closet. You never know when you might want to sell something, at which time the case suddenly becomes relevant again. That is, until the new buyer stores it away in his closet.

May 8, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #35 of 42
I really don't understand why some members here complain about the pizza boxes. IMO I believe that these are among the best boxes for headphone shipping. They are resistant, lightweight and cheap. Grado and other headphone manufacturers should pack the headphones in a way that they are safe on they journey to you. They don't need to provide a way for you to storage them. That is our problem. When you buy a ferrari or a porsche, it doesn't come with a garage included does it?

My 0,02€

Manuel

May 8, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
When you buy a ferrari or a porsche, it doesn't come with a garage included does it?

Normally people who buy these types of cars already have garages, and they're certainly not made out of cardboard.
confused.gif

BTW, I agree that the Grado packaging is sufficient. I just don't get your analogy.

May 8, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

They don't need to provide a way for you to storage them. That is our problem. When you buy a ferrari or a porsche, it doesn't come with a garage included does it?

True... but when the Maybach was released they sent out fancy hand crafted wooden boxes to prospective buyers with the persons name in brass on the lid. Inside is a cofee table book on the Maybach.

That sort of thing is why some people buy luxury cars. All the little extra's, getting invited to track days. Having representatives to book in services for you.

You could say that the same could apply to headphones in this price range.

I personally don't think a wooden box is needed and wouldn't care about receiving them in a cardboard box.

However I think that quite a few like the idea of a wood box and it would be nice. Maybe you could buy them off another company that'll box them up in wood for ya ?

I think that wouldn't be a bad idea.

May 8, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Normally people who buy these types of cars already have garages, and they're certainly not made out of cardboard.
confused.gif

BTW, I agree that the Grado packaging is sufficient. I just don't get your analogy.

People already have the garages, the garages are not provided by the manufacturer. If they don't have the garages then they should build one in order to protect the investment.
I'll give another example: One of my father's hobbies is fishing. He has many different fishing poles, some of them pretty expensive,which when he bought them came simply wrapped in bubblewrap. Those aren't really good for storing them so he bought a padded nilon bag specific for storing and carrying poles.

The point is, manufacturers aren't obliged to provide a high quality storing/ carrying box.Just one that ensures that the product will get to it's intended destination undamaged.
If Grado were to pack the cans in nice wooden boxes then the price would certainly be higher and people would complain about that.

May 9, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #39 of 42
when are we going to know if they come in a pizza box? Is there a time frame I missed?

Jun 1, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #40 of 42
Thanks for the Lowes box tip. Having built a few laborious boxes for cans now, it was a pleasure to spend less and get it all in one shot
rolleyes.gif

Jun 19, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
The Case from lowes is a little better built then the Home Depot one,& comes complete with the cube type foam,nothing else to buy.

Uh, how are you handling that upper lid? Is that tool panel removable? Is there foam behind it or would one have to add some? It would be nice to think that all one would need to do would be to remove that upper panel, make the cut outs for the headphones and that's it but is anything ever that easy?

Speaking of cut outs, have you or anyone else come up with a way of getting clean/even cuts? Guess I could order more foam if I screw things up but hey, why not ask and get it right the first time.

Jun 19, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Uh, how are you handling that upper lid? Is that tool panel removable? Is there foam behind it or would one have to add some? It would be nice to think that all one would need to do would be to remove that upper panel, make the cut outs for the headphones and that's it but is anything ever that easy?

Speaking of cut outs, have you or anyone else come up with a way of getting clean/even cuts? Guess I could order more foam if I screw things up but hey, why not ask and get it right the first time.

The tool panel can be removed but the upper lid has foam covering it so no need to remove it.
The bottom foam is cubed, so you can take out small sections with no tools & form fit whatever you want to put in the case,pretty simple.
This is with the Lowes case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back