GS-1000 + Corda Opera / Yamamoto HA-02 / what?
Mar 5, 2008 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

onocentaur

100+ Head-Fier
I'm getting a pair of Grado GS-1000s - again; I've owned them before (used with portable amps + iMod), absolutely loved them, but had to get rid of them because the open-ness was annoying the wife.

I've currently got a Corda Opera and a Yamamoto HA-02 as headphone amps. Searching has yielded little results on combining these amps with the GS-1000s; a couple of people like the Opera + Grado, but nothing detailed; a couple of posts in the Yamamoto thread, not positive, but only brief comments.

Given that I preferred the Millet tube portable amp over the Corda Move with my Gs-1000s originally, do you think I'll prefer the Yammy this time round? Or is there another amp in the same price range that would be better?

Mar 5, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #2 of 7
Check amp section, using search you can find some info. I think in the same price tag Singlepower would be the first choice. Another one is RSA Raptor.

Mar 6, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check amp section, using search you can find some info. I think in the same price tag Singlepower would be the first choice. Another one is RSA Raptor.

I have also heard that the GS 1000 synch well with tube. I wonder how will the GS 1000 match up with the Millet Hybride tube portable amp. Anyone have any experience with this combo? Thanks.

Mar 6, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how will the GS 1000 match up with the Millet Hybride tube portable amp. Anyone have any experience with this combo?

Yeah, me! It was lovely. It had all the range and depth of RSA Hornet/Corda Move, plus a lovely warmth in the midrange. Annoying microphonics, though.

Anyway, I have decided to sell the Yammy. I hope the GS-1k sounds good with the Opera! I expect it will, the Opera seems to sound great with anything I plug into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back