Growing Out of CIEMs?
May 24, 2016 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Mfalcon

Head-Fier
Hi,
For a while now I've been considering a pair of CIEMs but am very worried about them not fitting after a few years. I've heard people say that after 3 years they need them reshelled. I'm looking for any long term CIEMs owners to tell me there experience with how long their fitting lasted. I've heard a variety of things.
If there are any links that talk about this please share as well.
Thanks

May 24, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi,
For a while now I've been considering a pair of CIEMs but am very worried about them not fitting after a few years. I've heard people say that after 3 years they need them reshelled. I'm looking for any long term CIEMs owners to tell me there experience with how long their fitting lasted. I've heard a variety of things.
If there are any links that talk about this please share as well.
Thanks

Hi

Might help if you state your age.  Between the ages of 15-20 or so as I understand there is a bit of change going on.

May 24, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 7
After 5 years my Spiral Ear 3-way Reference still fits, as does the ACS custom molds for ER4P (now used with Myst Nail 2), both are silicone molds. I am 51 years old.

May 27, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #7 of 7
If you've lost or gained weight, it can affect the fit of your CIEMS. This is what I was advised by more than one audiologist. Also, if you have certain types of orthodontic work done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back