Grover MK III vs Bodgan Princess?
Apr 11, 2004 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pirate

100+ Head-Fier
anyone have opinions comparing these two cables of which reviews claim to be two very good buys under $100?

would this be an overall worthwhile upgrade from magwire nakeds?

Apr 11, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 6
Just noting that pigmode mentioned (in this thread) that the MK IIIs are no longer available anymore. I also got that impression the last time I spoke with Grover, so I ordered a couple of sets of his Silver Reference ICs, instead ($130 shipped per 1-metre set). He finished mine the other day, so they should be here shortly.

I'm looking forward to hearing them. By most accounts, the SRs blow the MK IIIs out of the water, and compare favourably with interconnects that cost significantly more.

D.

Apr 11, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Grover offers a 90 day return policy while the bodgans are not returnable.

Biggie.

Apr 11, 2004 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 6
I haven't heard a single bad review about the Bodgan Princess tho, so perhaps the return policy is unnecessary...

Apr 11, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 6
anyone have comparisons between the grover silver reference and bodgan princess then?

Apr 11, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #6 of 6
I'll have to try some Bogdans soon, but I'd also have to add that for cables, a tryout period should be mandatory. There is just too much variation in terms of personal taste, individual component sets, and cable sound signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back