6. Lowlands - Confirmed - 1 unit - ATX 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com 
7. Elberoth - Confirmed - 2 units - ATX 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com 
8. " " 
9. _JL_ - Confirmed - 1 unit - ATX 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com 
10. fmak- Confirmed - 1 unit - ATX 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
11. Sligolad - Confirmed - 1 unit - ATX 210 - jplay.eu
12. Rainer Weber - Confirmed - 1 unit - ATX 350 - jplay.eu
13. Rurika - Confirmed - 1 unit - ATX 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com

**With this we've crossed the necessary 10 units for the Special Group Buy sand-blasted colour option AND we've crossed the necessary 12+ units for the best pricing options on all PSUs! Thanks a lot, guys!

Now with the more Group Buyers we get the better deal on shipping we'll get :-D

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #18 of 46

looking forward to the ripple data.

the dimensions of the unit would be also of some interest.

Here we are with the dimensions :)

320mm(W) x 100mm(H) x 311mm(L)

Ripple data:
As Tigger and many others have been asking, here is the ripple data. We have finally gotten a bit closer to assessing the performance of these units with this reply from Teradak.

I have gotten a reply for the ripple/noise readings on the ATX 275. Michael told me that all 3 ATX PSUs run at similar levels, so we went with the middle of the road PSU for the testing to get some numbers. 

* Of course your own unit may test slightly higher or slightly lower than this, and the closer you get to the ceiling the more ripple there will be, but this is a good insight to what we're getting. I think it looks fantastic :-D

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #20 of 46
Hey Guys, an important update here.

Teradak was having some issues with their production schedule, so Michael and I had to find a new answer for the closing date of the Group Buy. We're going with a 2 tiered approach.

For some of you, this may be very good news :-D

Tier 1: Group Buy closes at the end of next week, Oct. 25th. I will forward Teradak all Group Buyer information and they will tell me about shipping costs and what our final payments are. I will then forward this information to you guys and you will pay Teradak via Paypal soon afterward. Payment will likely be due by the end of October.
****We need to exceed 10 units in this stage to get the custom, sand-blasted colour.****

Tier 2: Stage 2 will close at the original date, Nov. 30. Again, I will forward Teradak all remaining Group Buyer information and they will tell me about shipping costs and what our final payments are. I will then forward this information to you guys and you will pay Teradak via Paypal soon afterward. Payment will likely be due by December 7th.
****We need to exceed 10 units again in this stage to get the custom, sand-blasted colour.****

*The custom colour can only be ordered from their supplier in batches of 10 or more. Let's hope we get enough people in at least the first stage to guarantee that.

Overall things haven't changed much, and really it looks like we'll be able to get our units A LOT sooner than before.

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #21 of 46
Tier 1 is CLOSED

Thanks a lot, guys. I'll now compile all the info, make it readable and unmistakeable, and forward it to Teradak for processing. 

Michael will get back to me with final shipping quotes and then I'll let you guys know the totals you need to pay. 

And I'll post Teradak's PayPal info here too.

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #22 of 46
Group Buyers List - Tier 1 closed - Final Tally (closed Oct. 25, 2014)
Ben-M - 2x 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Camel - 2x 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Shahed99 - 1x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Shahed's friend - 1x 210, 1x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Lowlands - 1x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Elberoth - 2x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
_JL_ - 1x 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com
fmak - 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Sligolad - 1x 210 - jplay.eu
Rainer Weber - 1x 350 - jplay.eu
Rurika - 2x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
mordo - 1x 350, 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
hei83 - 2x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
emaspac - 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
marcell - 1x 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Roman_V - 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
menace - 2x 210 - jplay.eu
willemvulpes - 1x 275 - headfi.org
twist222 - 1x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Esb1954 - 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
prot - 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
lansing801 - 2x 350 - jplay.eu
Audiodigger - 2x 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com
drez - 1x 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com
MrSprout - 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com
letterman - 2x 350 - ComputerAudiophile.com
givita_burl - 1x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Vinyl - 1x 210, 1x 350 - jplay.eu
glenn968 - 1x 210, 1x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
Jiffi32 - 1x 275 - ComputerAudiophile.com
ThomasKott - 1x 210 - ComputerAudiophile.com

Total buyers, 31.
Total units, 44.

ATX 210 - 16
ATX 275 - 12
ATX 350 - 16

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #23 of 46
Shipping & Payment Update.

Alright guys, I handed the purchasing info off to Michael at Teradak and got back some shipping estimates. Unfortunately when he quoted us the first time someone in his department didn't add the weight of the thick umbilical (1.5-2kg each) to the package or some of the packaging material(also +kg). Secondly, because there were so many different address, Teradak cannot use the same courier for everyone; so our bulk discount is not possible because our orders are now spread across several couriers. Of course that means that the shipping weights are heavier and costs are more.

Because Michael is a good guy and this was mistake, he and I have worked some things out so that both Teradak and us can deal with this issue. 2 things have happened.

#1. We will all pay the original quoted amounts, regardless of where you are. 
If you got 1 unit, then your shipping fee is $108usd. And if you got 2 units then it's $152usd.

#2. There has been a small correction to unit pricing. It's in our benefit, but it's not too different.
ATX 210 - $408.75usd
ATX 275 - $476.25usd
ATX 350 - $543.75usd

Some of you guys might not be happy to be paying more than you might have expected, but these are the costs I showed you in the beginning and told you to keep in mind. I'm sorry that they're higher than most of us planned, but it was a mistake and this is the best way Michael and I could find to deal with it. And trust me, Teradak is doing their best on this one. I've seen the original numbers for everyone and Teradak is covering nearly $100 in shipping for more than several of you.

Final payment amounts: (units + shipping)

ATX 210
1 unit: $408.75usd + $108usd(shipping) = $516.75usd
2 units: $817.50usd + $152usd(shipping) = $969.50usd

ATX 275
1 unit: $476.25usd + $108usd(shipping) = $584.25usd
2 units: $952.50usd + $152usd(shipping) = $1104.50usd

ATX 350
1 unit: $543.75usd + $108usd(shipping) = $651.75usd
2 units: $1087.50 + $152usd(shipping) = $1239.50usd

*Lastly, I will post Teradak's Paypal info her as soon as I get it from Michael. In the heat of us trying to figure out what to do with the shipping charges, we didn't discuss actual payment.

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #24 of 46
Paypal address:

Here is Teradak's Paypal address, guys. 
teradak@teradak.com

Paypal payment message:
In your payment please attach a message that says:
1. Linear ATX Supply Group Buy
2. Your "buyer ID #"
3. name
4. user name
5. units you're ordering/what you're paying for.

For example, mine will look like this.
1. Linear ATX Supply Group Buy
2. Buyer ID: #1
3. Ben McGuire
4. Ben-M
5. 2x ATX-350

Buyer ID# list:

For ease of ordering and if complications arise, I have assigned everyone a Buyer ID#. This will help Teradak keep closer track on our orders and makes any communication with them easier to identify specifics.

Here they are:

Buyer #User-name:
1Ben-M
2Camel
3Shahed99
4Luan
5Lowlands
6Elberoth
7_JL_
8fmak
9Sligolad
10Rainer Weber
11Rurika
12mordo
13hei83
14emaspac
15marcell
16Roman_V
17menace
18willemvulpes
19twist222
20Esb1954
21prot
22lansing801
23Audiodigger
24drez
25MrSprout
26letterman
27givita_burl
28Vinyl
29glenn968
30Jiffi32
31ThomasKott

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #25 of 46
Teradak's updated PayPal info & procedures.

A.) pay 100% of your price, not the 30% I mentioned earlier. 
B.) pay 100% to teradak888@hotmail.com
C.) DO NOT include the message as I stated before, there's a new one.

1. forum name
2. ATX-XXX(whichever PSU you're ordering)

So, mine would look like this:
1. ben-m
2. 2x ATX-350

Teradak had issues because of the other message, so this should keep it straight.

Thanks guys, I hope the few remaining payments roll in soon, or else I'll be after you~

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #26 of 46
Hey guys, just a small update.

All buyers have paid, so that's great. Secondly, Teradak's team has been assembling and cutting little things while waiting on the bigger pieces to arrive and really get the project moving. I'm told the good stuff will be in some time next week, so once they're in and some more substantial building happens I'll post the pictures I get.

As far as I know we're still on schedule for shipping by mid-December.

An update about Tier 2:

There has been an increase in Tier 2 interest the past couple days and we've got about 6-8 semi-confirmed buyers. This is enough to make Tier 2 go ahead, but if we don't crack 10 units then we'll only get the internal wiring changes, not the sand-blasted/matte black aluminum case.

Anyway, good news on that front for the people that didn't make it in to Tier 1. Build on Tier 2 won't start until Tier 1 is all done and Teradak catches up on some of their other orders. So Assembly and shipping for Tier 2 won't be finished until roughly the middle to end of February. Also, now that we know of the shipping cost changes, that part will be updated. I'll most likely open a new thread for Tier 2 to clear any confusion.

So, that's it for now and I'll get those progress pictures up next week when I get them.

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #27 of 46
Well guys, that's it for the Group Buy. Tier 2 is closed.

I will finalize the Tier 2 list and post it in here in a couple days.

Tier 1 and Tier 2 have been open for a long time and took a lot of work. There is no point in PM'ing me to try and get in on the Group Buy for Tier 2 or emailing Teradak about it. Current buyers may PM me for changes to address or anything else along those lines, of course, but there will be no last minute additions to Tier 2. No exceptions.

Thanks a lot guys, I'll keep you updated on everything

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #28 of 46
Missed update #1

Posted on Dec. 8th, 2014 in the computeraudophile.com version of this Group Buy:

"I've been waiting on clear info for 2 days, but there have been issues over at Teradak with their PCB supplier and chassis supplier. 

The PCBs that came in were not correctly manufactured, but this wasn't discovered immediately. Teradak has since filed a rush order with their supplier, but none the less, that part is going to take more time to get. 

Then the cases haven't arrived yet either, so even the more menial work of installing the DC DIN-connector and the DC leads in the case can't be done while waiting on the new PCBs. 

I'll attach some pictures of the the assembled DC leads when I get back home later tonight, but for now that's all Teradak has been able to assemble. 

They're getting back to me with some clear timelines about when they expect to get each part, how long they will take to assemble, when they'll be able to start shipping at least some units, and when they expect to have all of them shipped by. 

I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out, and I'mbakery for having to the bearer of bad news. Delays suck. 

At least it's just a delay though, and things will still get done. That's the up side to dealing with an established company and going through PayPal."

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #29 of 46
Missed update #2

Posted on Dec. 15th, 2014 in the computeraudophile.com version of this Group Buy:

"Tier 1 - Update:

Hey guys, so this is the update I was hoping to post about a week ago. 

Teradak said parts are starting to roll in and they're assembling as well and as quickly as they can. As Hans mentioned above, it's better to get a well made component a little late than a poorly assembled one quicker. Teradak has told me that though behind schedule, they are aren't going to rush things too much as that would almost certainly create issues with the quality. 

For a ballpark idea on timing, if the stars align they will begin shipping a few around the middle of next week. Overall we shouldn't expect these to leave their shop until the end of December, then they'll begin to arrive about 2 weeks after that. 

And for your viewing pleasure, here are some assembly pictures:

It appears there are some small iterations compared to the prototypes that we saw a few months ago; and of course, these pictures show units in the middle of production, not finished ones. Judging by the 500VA transformer, this is destined to be an ATX-350, when it's finished.

Tier 2 - small Update:

Tier 2 is still alive, no worries there, but Teradak is putting all of their efforts into completing the Tier 1 orders for now. As that completion date approaches I will post the Tier 2 buyers list and send all of your respective shipping costs and order totals. And as I mentioned before, the Tier 2 units will not begin assembly until all Tier 1 units are finished; and with the above delays, Tier 2s delivery date will be slightly pushed back. I'll let you know more about a projected arrival date when we get closer."

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #30 of 46
Today's Update:
After speaking with Teradak they have changed the dome-headed, silver screws that you see in the most recent pictures to black, form fitting, flat-headed allen screws. Like this:
images

As for the red power switch that you now see on the front, due to some internal changes and layout issues this had to happen. They also used a front-mounted metal power switch on their ATX 820W Supply that was nicer looking, but had complaints due to quality issues, so they changed to this more dependable one. They are still looking at other switches, but if they cannot find one that's as dependable and durable as this one they won't be changing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back