Ground up headphones
Mar 10, 2012 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

768 mph

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. I have been seriously thinking about making my headphones recently. I want to build everything. My only problem is the drivers. I am not sure if I have the skill to make them. If they are hard to make where could I buy a pair. I am not worried about the cups as they are going to be custom woodies and I know how to work with wood (I have no idea what type of wood to use). I think I want a detachable cable that I can use when I eventually buy a pair of Brainwavz HM5. I am not really on a tight bugit but I dont want to go over the top pricewise(Id like to only have to spend about 75$on raw materials, id be willing to spend 50$-75$ on a cord though.). I do not know ANYTHING on cords, drivers, ect. I also know nothing on construction. any help would be appreciated.

Mar 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 2
One possibility: buy a Fostex T50RP (approx $80) so you can use its drivers, and use this as a basis to create your own headphones, using the many T50RP modding discussions for guidance (e.g., see http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back