Grilles and k240 sextetts?
Nov 23, 2009 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

randomasdf

100+ Head-Fier
I have MP sextetts, I think, and removable grilles. The grilles were pretty annoying, as they hurt my outer ear over time. I'm not too keen on destroying my grilles to regrille them, so I've just removed them entirely. How bad exactly is this for my passive drivers? I haven't heard them crinkle yet, but I'm rather afraid I might end up breaking one if I'm not careful. Anyone have similar experiences?

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 5
I probably wrote the post where you read about them crinkling. My ears move a bit when chewing, and if I chew with mine on, even with the new screen, I sometimes hear a crinkle. I think it is my ear moving into a passive radiator, but I'm not positive. It could just be one of the many adjustment noises they make as plastic rubs into plastic.

I do think they are rather fragile though, so I would recomend doing the mod. There isn't really anything to loose, as those grills are one of the worst designs I've ever seen.

Nov 23, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #5 of 5
The sextetts are quite nice, but I've decided to finally get a dedictated amp to power them, so hopefully that helps out. (Unfortunately not tube or hybrid, i'm cheap. ) I've also been switching between velour pads and the costum pads that someone sold a while ago.

@dormie:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/akg...39/index7.html
The red border on mine is no where as distinctive though, so I'm not sure if it's LP or MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back