Grey spots on Behringer MS40 studiomonitors
Oct 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

AzurCloud

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm new to this forum, so this is going to be my opening question.

A couple of weeks ago, i received a pair of Behringer MS40 studiomonitors. Up 'til now I've been very happy with the sound they deliver. The only thing that worried me a little was when I noticed a couple of grey spots. They're on the white area around the black "core", where the main sound is exported. These spots seems to me like shadows, and I'm wondering if there's something that lies onto that white board, on the inside. The spots kinda descend from the black "core", if you understand. They're small, and hardly noticable, but I hope you'll help me figure out what they are nonetheless.

BEHRINGER: MS40

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 11
I think you need to post pics because I have no idea what you are referring to.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 11
I realize that it might have been a bit confusing, but if it helps, it was probably equally hard for me to try to explain as for you to understand
regular_smile .gif

IMGP0260.jpg

Is it normal that this area is movable? I figured this out by accident when I pressed it a bit inwards...

Oct 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 11
I have that too. I think it just means that plastic part isn't completely glued on. It probably does affect performance but I doubt it affects performance by much. The MS40 is already budget level.

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could these be the + and - binding (hook up) leads on the speaker? Visual because of the translucent mylar material of the speaker cone?

That was my thought after seeing the picture posted. I would still contact the manufacturer.

Oct 4, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzurCloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, thanks mate
bigsmile_face.gif
. But is it normal that this area is movable? I figured this out by accident when I pressed it a bit inwards...

Btw. what monitors are you using?

I have the MS40.

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 11
"Could these be the + and - binding (hook up) leads on the speaker? Visual because of the translucent mylar material of the speaker cone?"

What does that really mean
wink_face.gif
?

And, also. If Alai also have this on his set, doesn't that mean it's rather normal. And then, is there any point in contacting Behringer?

I really do appreciate the help you're providing here, thanks
normal_smile .gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzurCloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Could these be the + and - binding (hook up) leads on the speaker? Visual because of the translucent mylar material of the speaker cone?"

What does that really mean
wink_face.gif
?

And, also. If Alai also have this on his set, doesn't that mean it's rather normal. And then, is there any point in contacting Behringer?

I really do appreciate the help you're providing here, thanks
normal_smile .gif

Goodmans_Axiette_101_c.png

Look at the circular cut out hole in the cage above the sticker that says "3 OHMS".
Notice the brown insulator plate that is riveted on to the cage, follow down past the two black knobs and note the two rounded silver soldier posts that have a bit or copper wire attached.

These are the + and - binding / soldier posts from the crossover to the speaker. They can be at different locations on different speakers.

If there are two different speakers (do all four of these speakers show this?) with the same image I would think it is normal.

Press the cone down evenly, (the cone is translucent mylar and does move in and out "excursion", do not move or press past any point of resistence), does it look like these are getting closer?

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 11
Sorry this image got kind of blurry...

Venstremonitor.jpg

The spots are more or less in the same place on both speakers, but there's a little more space between the ones on this left one.

I don't have the opportunity to check if they get any closer today, but I'll get back to that, thanks
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back