Greg Oden and gang are amazing!
Dec 20, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OSU basketball pwns. We will watch OSU win championship in Football and basketball!

Final

Ohio State - 75
Iowa State - 56

[size=xx-large]O-H[/size]

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 11
I'm pretty convinced Oden is really 43 years old. Have you noticed the creases in his forehead? He's an incredible talent though, I can't wait for the Florida-OSU game. (basketball, not football) Horford/Noah vs. Oden, oh boy!

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by floydenheimer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty convinced Oden is really 43 years old. Have you noticed the creases in his forehead? He's an incredible talent though, I can't wait for the Florida-OSU game. (basketball, not football) Horford/Noah vs. Oden, oh boy!

Yea both games are going to be sweet. It would be cool to see OSU vs. Florida in Basketball and Football championship games.

Dec 20, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 11
Meh, just wait for "Oden and the gang" to come to the Kohl Center.

Dec 20, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 11
The real question is whether Mr. 43-year-old freshman will be the next New York Knick, Philly 76er, or Charlotte Bobcat in a few months time. Enjoy him while he's there, guys. Soon he will be thrown to the wolves of one of the NBA's doormat dingbats. I wonder if he will do as well against Yao and Dwight Howard as he does against a bunch of pansy farm boys? Maybe, but color me skeptical, even though he's huge, he doesn't look as impressive as LeBron did at the same age, yet he gets that level of hype. Only time will tell what he'll really become.

Dec 20, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The real question is whether Mr. 43-year-old freshman will be the next New York Knick, Philly 76er, or Charlotte Bobcat in a few months time. Enjoy him while he's there, guys. Soon he will be thrown to the wolves of one of the NBA's doormat dingbats. I wonder if he will do as well against Yao and Dwight Howard as he does against a bunch of pansy farm boys? Maybe, but color me skeptical, even though he's huge, he doesn't look as impressive as LeBron did at the same age, yet he gets that level of hype. Only time will tell what he'll really become.

LeBron and Greg play two different positions. LeBron pretty much is a beast yes, but have you even seen Greg play? He is disgusting. He just darts up on other people and I know he won't be here next year but he will be good while he last here.

Dec 20, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 11
You might have been more impressed with LeBron pre-NBA because he was playing in high school. Oden is getting his national exposure in college which is completely different talent/coaching-wise. I think you would be equally impressed with Oden if you had watched him in high school. He won't be a knick or a bobcat unless they get lucky in the lottery.

Dec 20, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #10 of 11
I had the pleasure of covering Oden as a freelancer for the Indianapolis Star when his high school came up to Evanston to play Jon Scheyer's (new Dukie) high school (incidentally, my roommate used to be on the team with Scheyer...). Anyway, Oden's pretty ridiculous- most impressive is his speed and reach in the post. He has a midrange game, too, that we probably won't see much of now...but the potential is freakish. It'll be fun/ridiculous to cover him twice this season vs Northwestern.

That said...Ohio State is still pure evil.

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 11
Greg Oden is an absolute beast. I can't wait to see him on an NBA team. Want to see how he stacks up to Dwight Howard, Ben Wallace and Shaq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back