Greetings Head-Fi
Jul 20, 2005 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Estilo

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings Everyone at Head-Fi,

I'm thrilled to join one of the best forums on Headphone technology, Thanks to you all after searching the forum, I feel the need to spend quite a bit of money on some Canalphones.

Question is, I still dont know which ones?. I've read that Shure, Etymotic, Westone, and Ultimate Ears have different sound Signatures.

Anyhoo, I should get back to searching...
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Later....

Jul 20, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 22
Welcome!! and sorry about your wallet.

May I suggest todays special... Modded KSC75 with a touch of cmoy amplification... to wet your appetite
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
what do you mean by fine?!?! ...and we will see what we cant do to it
icon10.gif

It's Full Right now... It won't be after my purchase of over $200
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Well.... I just discovered myself as an audiophile, I just Need Audiophile Gear
rolleyes.gif

So I've got to start small.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 22
Glad to hear your wallet is "fine" mine is empty. I don't know about the Westones or the Ultimate ears, but I do have Shure E2C's and Etymotic ER6I's and they do sound very different. In fact I like the ER6i's (they get more listening time) but yet can't bring myself to sell the E2C's. So for now I will be keeping both.
eek.gif
So much for my wallet, I don't think I even have enough cash for lunch.
blink.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 22
It's pretty hard for me to decide, because the Classic Rock Side of me wants a solid midrange, but then the Heavy Metal Side of Me wants bass, and the Classical and Jazz Side of Me wants Clarity.

I'm just stumped
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

So I'll Keep searching before I ask a question.

And...oh yes... I like a flat response.

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 22
I thnk that is what keeps me from selling the E2C's, I like the clarity and the detail of the ER6i's, yet sometimes I just have to have the bass of the E2c's.
icon10.gif
I bought a lot of stuff from the buy and Sell forums here to keep costs down, but my wallet is still hurting.

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estilo
It's pretty hard for me to decide, because the Classic Rock Side of me wants a solid midrange, but then the Heavy Metal Side of Me wants bass, and the Classical and Jazz Side of Me wants Clarity.

I'm just stumped
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

So I'll Keep searching before I ask a question.

And...oh yes... I like a flat response.

Yikes... brace wallet for for multi-can impact... IMHO no sub~$200 can will do all those things well. Maybe an amped K271? But some say the K271 mids sound colored and artificial. Maybe a DT880?

Garrett

Jul 20, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Yikes... brace wallet for for multi-can impact... IMHO no sub~$200 can will do all those things well. Maybe an amped K271? But some say the K271 mids sound colored and artificial. Maybe a DT880?

Garrett

I was Afraid of that...
And I also Need Portability
But... I'm not a basshead, I prefer articulate Bass.

Jul 20, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #11 of 22
Welcome. =o)
I suggest a Sennheiser HD25-1 (not hd25sp!).
You might have to buy them used to stay in your budget, though. (See the For Sale forums here)
Enjoy the madness.
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #12 of 22
I think the choice is obvious - Shure E4/E4c's. Regarded my many to be the most well-balanced IEM out there. I have a pair, and the only complaint that I can think of is a slightly recessed high frequency range (mainly cymbals and hi-hat).

Jul 21, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz
I think the choice is obvious - Shure E4/E4c's. Regarded my many to be the most well-balanced IEM out there. I have a pair, and the only complaint that I can think of is a slightly recessed high frequency range (mainly cymbals and hi-hat).

I thought so too!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
Welcome. =o)
I suggest a Sennheiser HD25-1 (not hd25sp!).
You might have to buy them used to stay in your budget, though. (See the For Sale forums here)
Enjoy the madness.
biggrin.gif

+1 on the 25-1 if you're not going for an IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back