Greetings: A Journey's Tale
Mar 2, 2012 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hdtv00

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I've actually been reading this forum for many years now but finally signed up other night because of the Monster MD's that were on sale. Anyway here's my story of sorts.

I started my head fi journey into real quality sound in the early/mid 90's just into my 20's. Before enlightenment I was like most kids , loud loud bigger bigger etc etc. Thinking all along I was slick. Then one day I was in a local best buy and seen these $200 headphones sitting on the shelf. I actually laughed out loud before LOL was all the rage as I couldn't believe anyone in a sane mind would pay that much for "silly" headphones. That was just insanity. But I thought to myself, could there really be such a thing, no way. Surely they couldn't be worth $200.

Well I did get them, they were Sennheiser 560 Ovation II's. And when I got home and plugged them in and heard my music for the first time. It was like never having heard a thing truely before. It completely and utterly blew my mind. These big money items clearly were not all at least for sucker old people with lots of money to waste. They were legit sounding amazing little cans of heaven with angels in them, to me at the time and my extremely limited view. I must have listened to them things forever. I'd put on thing in I'd heard 1000 times but with those things on my head it was like being inside joy.

Anyway I'll keep this short or try. As the years passed I started to check into at least decent sounding stuff. No more department store speakers or hand me downs I'd been using it was time for a new path. So I'm still very partial to Senn for opening my eyes but it's been a fun yet as you all know very costly journey. I'm much more into home theater over all but I still think back fondly on where it all began and my wonderful Senn 560's. Which I still have today and they work , not well cord has short but they do fire up and it's just fun to put them on and feel like you're 20 again even though at this point you're more than twice that age now. The good old days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back