green box to left of minimize, maximize and exit button
Sep 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dnslchap

New Head-Fier
There is a green box to the left of minimize, maximize and exit button with a family crest like symbol in it that is gray in color with a white head with a red crown on it. Does anyone have any idea what this is? When I take my pointer up to it and point on it, it disappears. Also, there is alphabet that change it the box as I type. Help! I need an answer, really don't want to have to go to an electronic store and spend a lot of money to find out what it is. When I try to copy the letters that are up there as I type this, they are constantly changing.

Sep 9, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 3
You created an account in a headphone forum to ask a question about your PC? Really? How odd...

On the off-chance that you aren't a flake, I'll give it a shot (I'm bored)

We need MUCH more information from you to even start to help:

- Windows or Mac?
- What browser - Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc?
- Is it only on this site or is it on all sites?
- Is it only in your browser, or does it also happen in other programs?

Since you are a new member, I don't think you can post a screenshot. That would help. After you make enough posts to be able to post an image, then:
Hit the PrtScn key and then paste the screenshot into a Paint program. Save the file and then post the picture here in this thread.

Do you have any friends that are more computer literate? Or that have teenage kids? Ask them for help.

Jan 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 3
I believe what you are seeing is called DataMask by AOL. If you go to your uninstall programs, you will see it listed there with the same image as you described. Just uninstall it and that will take care of your annoying box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back