Greatest musical moments from movies.
Feb 20, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #22 of 181
Notable for several reasons. Follows the greatest jump cut in cinematic history, completely solved the conundrum of films having to be entertaining when there is no sound in space. And still holds up today almost 50 years later

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #25 of 181
  There was Krell music before there were Krell amps.

For more than 30 years, Krell has been virtually synonymous with the pinnacle of high end audio. In a way, it’s fitting. The company's name stems from the “Krell,” the extinct race of advanced beings of the planet Altair IV from the 1956 science fiction film, Forbidden Planet. In the movie, the Krell’s scientific prowess and technology has advanced to the point that they were able to build a massive underground machine with virtually unlimited power. Talk about life imitating art. 

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #26 of 181

Hendrix goes perfectly with this scene. It's a pity it's cut short, as "two riders were approaching and the wind began howl" kicks in just as they arrive at Uncle Monty's country hovel in the middle of a ******* gale, with impeccable timing. I've almost certainly seen this more times than any other film.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #27 of 181

Hendrix goes perfectly with this scene. It's a pity it's cut short, as "two riders were approaching and the wind began howl" kicks in just as they arrive at Uncle Monty's country hovel in the middle of a ******* gale, with impeccable timing. I've almost certainly seen this more times than any other film.

Awesome.

But did you buy one of the Re Issued Withnail Coats when they brought them out for a thousand quid?

Edit.

Not related. But I consider this the single most haunting opening for a film ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back