Greatest instrumental ever
Aug 24, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #46 of 58
Rush, "La Villa Strangiato"

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #47 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by akg_man701
Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb

Actually, most of David Gilmour's guitar solos.

Nick

That's not an 'instrumental' song.

This thread is stupid. There are more 'instrumental' albums/songs out there than ones with vocals - you're asking music fans to pick their favorite instrumental song out of, literally, 3/4 of all music that's recorded.

Aug 24, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #48 of 58
SunnO))) - "Hell-O)))-Ween"

Pelican - "The Woods"

Atomic Bitchwax - "Liquor Queen"

Kyuss - "Asteroid"

Electric Wizard - "Ivixor B/Phase Inducer"

Aug 24, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #49 of 58
I immediately thought of Metallica's Orion off of Master of Puppets when I read the thread title. Its maybe not the best, but its definitely one of the most legendary in the metal genre.

Aug 24, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
That's not an 'instrumental' song.

This thread is stupid. There are more 'instrumental' albums/songs out there than ones with vocals - you're asking music fans to pick their favorite instrumental song out of, literally, 3/4 of all music that's recorded.

No it's not. Most of us listen to mostly vocal music. To us, it's an exceptional subcategory. I, for one, found it easy to pick one.

Aug 25, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #51 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
No it's not. Most of us listen to mostly vocal music. To us, it's an exceptional subcategory. I, for one, found it easy to pick one.

How do you know that?

I'm sure there are people here left that are actually MUSIC lovers, and not electronics lovers - people who have superb audio gear as well as supreb music taste. It seems that a lot of people here are people with big expensive headphones and amps, listening to contemporary corprote rock on their "computer rigs". How could you guys limit yourselves to such a miniscule amount of music? You have these gigantic, expensive setups, but only 25 CDs, all of which are modern rock albums?

I dearly hope you are not the "most of us".

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #52 of 58
SRV - Little Wing
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
EVH - eruption
Satriani - Always with me Always with you

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #53 of 58
Metallica-To Live Is To Die

Aug 25, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #54 of 58
Pink Floyd - Echoes. The vocals shouldn't even count as vocals, they blend so perfectly with the music.
Pink Floyd - Any Colour You Like
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
David Bowie - Speed of Life

Aug 25, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #55 of 58
i am going to assume we are in the rock genre (most classical, jazz and electronica doesnt even need vocals, so ill stick to rock so the thread makes more sense)

2nd vote for :Green Onions

jessica by the allman bros is great too. in my highschool it's played in over the PA system before school starts every day.

but really, vocals are just one instument. pink floyd blends music. the best music is stuff you can listen to, and enjoy, but when it's over you cant remember if someone was singing. with floyd i often foget if ive just heard vocals or a guitar solo.

wipeout by the surfaris is also good (this MIGHT not count, but it is essentially an insturmental)

Aug 25, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #56 of 58
- Classical Gas

- Eruption

- Green Onions

- Also Sprach Zarathustra

* sorry if I mispelled anything

Ed

Aug 26, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #58 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
That's often a good reason to see your doctor. It also means that you probably lack in ear training.

im guessing thats a joke? or mab you just misunderstood me. i meant their guitar is so "vocal" that if im not looking to hear the words (but instead the total sound) i forget if i was listenning to voices or an instrument.

but ill take what you said as a joke
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back