Great wireless IEMs for running without wind sound?
Jan 23, 2021 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dylansmith

New Head-Fier
I tried Jabra 75T & 1000xm3 before and both give the wind/thumping sound when running. Is there one that avoids such problems, has reliable BT connection, good SQ with isolation and under 300 for consideration?

Thanks!

Jan 23, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 9
How sure are you that you want isolation? The thumping is due to isolation and as far as I understand we can't remove that without removing the isolation. With isolation, even a slight tap on my head becomes really loud.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 9
Ime, you can't avoid the wind sound when you're running/ cycling
The only effective thing is to wear a cap that covers your ears while wearing your iems.
Due to isolation, your entire ear/ auricle/ iem housing will enforce the wind noise bc the former existing noises are mask by isolation, more or less.
Even the isolating part of your iems could cause thumbing noise while you're moving.

My advice is to wear a cap Like this one to avoid wind noises. :)

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #6 of 9
My 1000xm3 have wind noise from an airplane air thing above the seat while in noise canceling mode (what even are those called besides “the air”) whereas my airpod pros have no noticeable wind noise on my road bike even during down hill sprints. No hat, no helmet, full exposure. There was a leaked image of the 1000xm4 recently so I’m keeping my eye on those fir everything besides running and biking

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #8 of 9
I am using Shure SE215 on factory foam tips with a bluetooth MMCX cable when I run outside. Sound quality is acceptable (single dynamic driver) and I rarely noticed any wind/thumping sound. SE215 has fairly good isolation so I only use them when I run on closed paths or some gated communities with zero cars or bicycles to avoid potential issues with traffics. FYI, I do have a what people may call a textbook/ideal ear shape including near perfectly round large straight ear canals so that I can fit virtually any IEMs with perfect flush fit. A couple of audilogists told me this during custom IEM impression/fitting sessions so YMMV with the actual fitment. The reason I am telling you this is that I have three kids, where two can fit SE215 perfectly because they inherited my ears and the youngest one can't (he got his mom's(=my wife's) unusually shaped ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back