Great SQ DAPs that are compatible with Mac?
Apr 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

i_don't_know

1000+ Head-Fier
Without the need to do any modding, what are some of the most balanced, transparent, and detailed sounding players on the market that would be compatible with my new Mac? My current player (Sony Walkman S639F) is compatible, but I want something much more detailed, because I think it sounds extremely muddy and the mids have a little bit of "grain" to them that I don't like. Also, the soundstage is pretty much 2-dimensional. I just want something that sounds very balanced, clean, and transparent, with boatloads of detail and just enough soundstage to make everything a little more immersive and enjoyable. I'm not an incredibly picky audiophile because I'm only in high school and I don't have much money at all, but I do have the ears to be one, so I can hear a player's shortcomings or colorations quite easily, and it gets annoying after a while, so I'm feeling the need to upgrade.

This player is to be used with Phonak Audeo PFE's. No amp.

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't know what I was thinking. What I really meant was players that are compatible with a Mac. I can just drag and drop.

Apr 2, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 6
The sansas can be used with Macs, drag-and-drop. Don't forget you can also use Doubletwist to sync stuff so you can keep any iTunes playlists without a lot of work.

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 6
iPod touch
Fully compatible with Macs and iTunes, and it sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back