great sounding portable earphones for travel
Sep 13, 2006 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RooX

100+ Head-Fier
Im looking for a new set of earphones to go along with my new iaudio x5.

Cant be IEM's or Large closed phones.

I own or have owned at some point, MS-1's (not bad, miss the soundstage of my home stereo) HF-1's (better than the ms-1's in all regards), HD600's (liked em) K501's (really liked em, missed some of the low end though) E2c's - very dissapointed overall, no resolution, flabby and well, i just dont like em.

I need a small pair of semi-pocketable earphones that let in enough sound that i can hear a car careening towards me.

Was thinking either a pair of the AT earphones or clipons, OR the newish sony 90sl earbuds.

any other recommendations? Or barring that, is there a decisive winner based on these two companies?

Sep 13, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 6
night time bump

short story for those who dont feel like reading the 1st post.

need a small pair of high quality great sounding earbuds, or similar style phones. Cant be IEM as i need to be able to take them out quickly and hear things around me.

considering audio technicas offerings as well as sony ex90sl's

cheers

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #4 of 6
ksc75's , tried em, if i remember correctly, they sounded a lot like my old portapro's, only a bit darker still. wasnt a huge fan. not to mention, and this is a bit of a silly thing, its in an office environment, and they are so ugly and cheap looking.

how much isolation does the sony give? Am i correct in saying its not nearly as much as an iem?

Sep 14, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 6
what about AKG 81 Djs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back