Great Price on ART DI/O
Sep 26, 2001 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Wayne1

New Head-Fier
Just a little note for anyone interested in purchasing an ART DI/O. I was checking around for a client of mine who lives in Brazil. I found the ART DI/O at Full Compass for $122.20!!!! This is 1/2 of list price. I ordered one for him and another one for me!! I can use the second one for mods. If you are interested in this killer deal call Eric @ 1-800-356-5844 ext. 1193. As of right now they do have them in stock.

In order to prevent any more scorn being heaped upon me for my terrible cans
wink.gif
I have ordered a pair of Sony MDR V6's from Millionbuy.com. Total with shipping came to $82.01

Wayne

Sep 26, 2001 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 7
Willpower... fading...

Wayne, have you dealt w/ Full Compass before? I've never heard of them, and I like to hear/read good customer feedback before I order from an unfamiliar place.

Oh, and congrats on getting your V6!

Sep 26, 2001 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 7
dhwilkin,

I have dealt with Full Compass before when I bought my first ART DI/O. They deal in mostly Pro Audio gear. Lots of headphone type toys in their catalog
wink.gif

They are very courteous and prompt in their shipping. You can look at their website for the different lines they carry, but you have to call to place the order.

http://www.fullcompass.com

I just received the headphones and am running them off of my Soundblaster live card untill I get something else in my office. Very nice sound. Amazing impact on mid bass.

Cheers,
Wayne

Sep 27, 2001 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 7
At $122 the DAC is a steal... cmon guys, you have to get one! Just a note, you will need some sort of 1/4" plug to rca convertor if you want to use your current ICs.

And Wayne, I keep on hearing something about a Bolder power supply upgrade for the ART DI/O... could you shed light on this?

Sep 27, 2001 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Hey chych...give us a little review or something.

BTW can you hook up the A/D side of the DI/O to something like an MD player and use the tube warmth on some recordings? That'd be pretty spiffy too.

Sep 27, 2001 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 7
I'll probably give a formal review when it burns in a bit more and when I get a more formidable power supply... I do prefer it to the MSB Link though. There are a bunch of reviews out there and they are pretty correct.

And yeah you could hook up any analog output into the DI/O and do what you just described (though you'll have some weird cables and such and some loss of quality in the conversions).

Sep 27, 2001 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 7
chych,
check out this link to Harmonic Discord:
http://www.harmonicdiscord.com/forum...75&forum=17&25

Tyson talks about the ART DI/O and a prototype power supply I have built. I will offer it very soon. I am waiting for holes to be cut in the boxes for AC outlets. When I get the end plates back, I will build the rest of the supply. I give a pretty good description of the supply in the thread. At this time I can no longer offer the ART DI/O interconnect cables. Neutrik USA is completely out of the gold plated 1/4" plugs. They have placed the plugs on backorder for 8 weeks.
I am looking for alternatives but I am not having much luck.

I will be out of touch for the rest of the week. My "day" job is Brewmaster in a Brewpub. This week is the Great American Beer Festival in Denver. I have to spend the next three days and nights pouring and drinking beer. It is an awful job but someone has to do it
wink.gif

Cheers
tongue.gif

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back