Great Portable Source to pair with 1964 Ears V6-S
Dec 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HERMANtheSMASHE

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

Still kinda new around here and not sure if this has already been answered somewhere else. If so please 'enter link here' Thanks!

I am going to be the proud new owner of a pair of 1964 V6-S IEM's in Jan. and I am looking to see what would be a better way to go when considering a Portable Source. Some things that I have been looking at that I really want out of a source is Wifi connection, possibly blue-tooth (but not necessary), a large storage capacity either built-in or through SDXC Card's, and probably a version of Android for the UI or IOS. Granted IOS makes it obvious what you can choose from, but with Android it seems there is a greater availability. 

Portable Source's I have been looking at so far are the Cowen Z2, DX100, and the Sony Xperia Z. These pretty much fit the bill for an Android Source Device with Wifi and great audio playback. For IOS Source's I have been looking at the Ipod Touch 6th Gen 64gb. 

So the question is which way to go?? I'm not sure what the better path to take is that would get me the most out of my IEM's. Should I go with say a stand alone DX100, or Cowen Z2 direct to my IEM's or perhaps go the other way and use a Ipod Touch 6th Gen strapped to say the Vamp Verza, a JDS Labs C5, or Something from Ray Samuels to my IEM's.

Just some specs for the 1964 V6-S IEM's are 22 Ohms at 1kHz, 115db, Frequency Response: 10Hz- 20kHz. 

All input, pro's / con's would be greatly appreciated!!! 
L3000.gif
  my first pair of CIEM's as well ^_^

Thanks,

-Frank

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Sony's NWZ-ZX1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back