Great on ear commuting headphones! (need advice)
Dec 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Antic

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I am the owner of some Image S4's and some Sennheiser HD 280 pro's which are both great. Right now i'm using the S4's to commute with but really want some nice simplistic over the ear headphones to commute with. The city im in isnt very loud so i'm not doing subway's or trains or any of that but some noise cancellation and reduction would be nice. I originally looked at the Sennheiser HD 238's but am a little concerned that they won't cancel any sound out.

As far as the style I really like the simplistic look that the Sony MDR-ZX100's have and I want something that's not very bulky at all but has awesome sound quality to them. I hear everyone recommend the HD25's but something about them just doesnt fit the style i'm looking for (maybe it's how the cable sticks on the ear cuff).

are there any recommended over the ear headphones for under $150 yall would recommend that are simplistic but contain great sound quality.

Music I listen to:
IDM (Aphex Twin, Flying Lotus, Tokimonsta, Amon Tobin)
Trip Hop/Downtempo instrumental
Rap

Appreciate the help!

EDIT: How are the JVC-HA-NC 250's?
Antic
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Not a popular choice here, but the Bose On Ear seem to fit the description of what you are after. Small, pretty isolating, decent sound, decent carry case, and comfortable. They are a bit pricey but I bought mine used for less than $50 and they are definitely worth that.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 8
http://www.head-fi.org/t/578207/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-reviews
phiaton ps320

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone. The thing with the audio technicas is i'm a little worried about the chrome finish on it I don't want to have to baby it for it not to get scratched and what not so i'm a little hesitant about that.

The Creative Aurvana Live headphones look pretty nice especially for just being $100. I like the simple but still full ear coverage that it gives. I'm still considering the HD25's again. Those Phiatron PS320's are nice to. Do you think the Creatives and PS320's compare the HD25's as far as sound quality is concerned? It really sucks that theres not a great place to go and try out a wide variety of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back