Great OLD design small tube amp: EarMax Pro
Nov 27, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
The EMP at the NY meet was the EMP, not the EM
wink.gif

I'm not quite sure why the R10 would have sounded lousy with it, as it sounds fine here. I use the EMP with Grado's most of the time.

I didn't realize it was an EMP. When I said the "EM sounded lousy with the R-10's, it wasn't at the meet, it was at the store in Westchester, where I bought the Sony's. The High impedence HD600's sounded great with the EM's, but sounded lousy with the R-10's which, according to the salesman, is why the Pro was produced (to accomodate all "ohmage"). Sorry for the confusion.

Nov 28, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I didn't realize it was an EMP. When I said the "EM sounded lousy with the R-10's, it wasn't at the meet, it was at the store in Westchester, where I bought the Sony's. The High impedence HD600's sounded great with the EM's, but sounded lousy with the R-10's which, according to the salesman, is why the Pro was produced (to accomodate all "ohmage"). Sorry for the confusion.

Funnily enough I use to own a standard and a pro. When using grado;s the difference was down to quality of tubes ime+imo. But when you stick in the hd600 into a standard, it ain't pretty that's for sure!!!Obviously the pro is more ideal for driving hd600+650. Can't wait till Monday when my anniversary edition comes so that I can try them with all of my headphones.

Worst mistake I ever made, selling the emp and sr225 combo I use to have. But the sr225 clamped me so much I suffered terrible headache's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back