Great News For E-MU Owners!!!
Oct 14, 2004 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

roadtonowhere08

Headphoneus Supremus
ICHI from productionforums.com has pretty much said that E-MU will update their drivers so that 88.2 and 176.4kHz sampling rates will be possible. No specific dates are given, but he has never been wrong before. Now I can play my Telarc 1812 DVD-Audio
600smile.gif
Also, for you resamplers out there, you will be able to resample redbook correctly as well. Everyone (especially Glassman
wink.gif
), rejoyce in this great news
biggrin.gif

Now all that's left is S/PDIF passthrough for surround sound, and this is THE perfect card.

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 13
hooray, carmina burana dvda, beck sea change dvda, a couple others i forget

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 13
Newbie question.

So, does this mean that E-mu can now play all types of DVD-Audio directly? And, what about SACD; do they need different types of drivers?
confused.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by artit
Newbie question.

So, does this mean that E-mu can now play all types of DVD-Audio directly? And, what about SACD; do they need different types of drivers?
confused.gif

The E-MU can only play un-protected (like classical and a tiny amount of others) DVD-A's at full resolution. It can play all the rest (rock and pop) at a reduced sample rate, because of the protection involved. I was making a big deal over the new sample rates because people can now play more un-protected DVD-A's with the 88.2 and 176.4kHz rates enabled. It also allows for proper upsampling of redbook CD's (regular CD's)

With regards to SACD's, I do not believe they will ever be able to be played on computers due to illegal paranoia. Add that to the fact that neither CD drives or DVD drives can read SACD's, and the chances are pretty much nothing of being able to play an SACD in your computer.

Oct 14, 2004 at 10:41 AM Post #7 of 13
Got it. Now, the problem is that I don't know which DVD-Audio is copy-protected or not. Is there a way to tell?

Oct 14, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #8 of 13
That's great. I don't have lights for those sample rates on my 1820m box but thats no big deal though.

Oct 14, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 13
hmm, I haven't even think of the Audiodock's LED indicators.. yes that's pretty interesting, they haven't counted with these samplerates when designing the products, seems like me and a few others on productionforums were such pesky they actually decided to support the missing samplerates
evil_smiley.gif

my next goal: force E-MU to release more consumer oriented driver w/o those stupid DSP effects
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #10 of 13
Question - What is the purpose of different sampling rates of the source (files) are set? Like MP3's and Redbook are 44.1k right? What advantage would there be to playback 44.1k CD Audio asd 192k?

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:03 PM Post #12 of 13
That is indeed cool that they listen to users
cool.gif

I'm most happy that >48khz WDM was added.
smily_headphones1.gif
This is icing on the cake.

Oct 14, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #13 of 13
Now if only EMU people could influence the corporate culture of their Creative overlords...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back