Great News! Audio-gd plans to release new stand alone DPS3 module next month.
Jul 1, 2010 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

superjohny

500+ Head-Fier

Quote:
Dear Johny,
The RE8 USB photo not real RE8 USB, it is the RE7 USB photo, because the RE8 USB still building.
RE8 all version without ACSS output, only one XLR and two RCA output.
For reduce the cost, RE8 and RE7 use same chassis model.
For the USB, I read you have a pity of it.
But don't need pity, if you want USB support, we will offer a high grade USB interface within this month. It can input USB and one coaxial and output has both RCA and BNC. It support 24bit/96KHz input, and it applied our special DSP3 for improve on data. It can power supply by USB or a outward transformer.
We will offer low price for our DAC customers.
Kingwa

This is what Kingwa emailed me.

Guess it's gonna be a mini box linking in-between transporter and the dac.

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 9
Dang, now i'm thinking if i should hold back the hiface purchase. He's probably using the same Tenor TE7022 chip. I'm not too confident about the TE7022 chip to be honest, but i'm really hoping Kingwa comes up with something good. AG's tiny usb->spdif converter is waaay overdue!

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 9
Cool I hope he can add optical though... I will never abandon my optical transport, it's just so convenien:p. If possible to add optical and it's cheap I will definitely get it.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #6 of 9
Do we have more info on the features and specifications of the item?
Will it be a converter like the hiface?
It would be a good idea to have it output ACSS signal.

Jul 2, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 9
I have their REF3, I could say it is an excellent digital enhancer for its price.
I use it with my stock logitech SB3, it just get transform completely.

REF3 supports USB to spdif conversion and I am told that I could upgrade to 24/96 USB support for less than US$30, amazed by their excellent after sale support.

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #9 of 9
Yesterday I was told I could switch coaxial with optical, I guess that means I can't have all three inputs. I'd been considering the ref3 for the longest time and now I kind of wish I got it because it has all 3 digital input types which I use... kept procrastinating and it disappeared from their site last week. Hopefully the outboard psu version isn't that far behind ref 3 performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back