Great New Rock Band
Jan 31, 2006 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Sodacose

100+ Head-Fier
I searched the music forum and I haven't found them mentioned here, so I think it's my duty to let everyone know about Silvertide. If you like The Black Crowes, you'll probably like these guys (but you'll hear so many more classic rock influences, BC is just the first I think of when listening to them).

I first heard them this summer when a friend and I bought the CD (Show and Tell) for a roadtrip after hearing about them from some place or another. We ended up listening to only that CD the 6 hours out and the 6 back. I've never been someone to claim to have a 'favorite' band (in fact, up until I heard Silvertide, Radiohead was the closest thing), but these guys blow me away. I've also seen them live several times and, though sparsely attended, they are among the best concerts of my life. They are the best band I've ever heard on Rockline (played an acoustic set in January). This is almost like love.

I've been playing guitar for 8-9 years and was beginning to lose faith in 'rock' as 'good guitar' until these guys came along. The lead wails, the rhythm is endlessly creative, the drums slam, the lyrics are thoughtful and the bass slides along the ground and grooves up your leg. If it seems I'm speaking in hyperbole, you're wrong. They are that good.

check their site out at www.silvertidemusic.com if you don't believe me (or if you do). they have a few streaming songs on there as well as some videos (ain't coming home is a great AC/DC type rock out, good introduction).

If you're at any concert in the Midwest, I'll see you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back