Great microphone that you don't have to lean into?
Feb 9, 2020 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DecrepitClanker

New Head-Fier
I watch these podcasters with pro mics and I'm just appalled at their mic setups. It's as almost if they have to slobber over the mic in order to get a good sound.
This is obviously ridiculous for normal use.

Is there a budget mic that can cleanly pick up your voice from 1m away, so you never have to lean into it?

Feb 10, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 4
First of all, what is your definition of a budget mic?

And yes, there are lots of microphones that can pick up your voice from further away. But keep in mind that other noises like keyboard typing or your computer fans might be picked up as well with such a positioning.

May I ask why you don't want to keep the microphone close to you? With a decent boom arm you can easily lean back and keep the mic close to you, while not disrupting your fov.

Anyways, my general advice would be to get yourself an AT 2020 USB+. No Interface needed, works out of the box with Windows 10 and provides amazing quality for the price.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 4
There are many Youtubers who have no mic showing on their videos but sound very clear nonetheless. Obviously, you can't tell what mic they use.

Those people are probably using microphones hidden off to the sides off camera held by a boom extending arm.

OP, you could use a microphone targeting Conference room internet meetings. Blue Snowflake and other omnidirectional microphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back