Great Junk Store LP Find Today
Apr 26, 2007 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
LogginsMessina-OnStageAlbumCover.jpg

(Loggins and Messina - Onstage)

Well, I spent a couple hours digging through several hundred pounds of vinyl at a local thrift shop today. This was the only good album I found out of the whole pile, but a decent condition 2-LP set for $0.50 is pretty cool.

I'm amazed at the sound of this live album. I didn't even realize they had the capability to record that well live back in 1974. Also, the music isn't so bad! Kenny Loggins has a great voice, and he's written some of my favorite songs of all-time as well. "House at Pooh Corner" kicks it off, which is my favorite song written by Loggins. Second is "Danny's Song" which, IMHO, is a terrible song when sung by Anne Murray. It's NOT, however, when Loggins sings it.

Right now I'm listening to the 20+ minute "Vahevala". It's a pretty good jam tune with some long 'New Grass Revival'-ish fiddle solos.

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 2
Last time I scored at a thrift store, I found what appeared to be The Wall in a box of good classical marked $.25 each. I got it home to find an unplayable Elton John record in the sleeve.

Win some lose some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back