Great, inexpensive speakers found!
May 30, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm asking myself the same question! I listened to the X-SLS powered by good SS amp, and the combo was simply fantastic, and for me to say that, the system HAS TO reproduce life-like vocals.

The problem is I listened to the X-MTM's in a different room powered by 30 some watt tube amp, whose sound I know to be a bit too tubey for my tastes. I strongly suspect if the X-MTM's were powered by the same SS amp, it would have been killer, but you can't truly tell without trying it. Heck, for only around $100 more, the MTM does look like a great bargain as well.

how well do you think they'll sound with an av receiver rather than a ss amp? the same?

May 30, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 33
Almost all A/V receivers are solid-state, so yes, they should sound similar.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be interesting to find out the cost to ship across the USA.

Less than you'd think. The shipping on my Rocket Onix UFW10 Subwoofer was nominal. Mark is a great guy too, and his company has excellent customer service.

May 31, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #19 of 33
Oh, the heck with it. I went ahead and ordered a pair of X-MTM's and a X-CS in what they call "Palisander Rosa Diamond" finish, which has not even officially debut'd yet. Life is short
smily_headphones1.gif
A sample of this finish is like this:

palisandersv5.jpg

May 31, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #22 of 33
in a d'appolito mtm array, it provides lower distortion due to the two drivers sharing load, greater efficiency, and it narrows the vertical dispersion so there is less room interaction from the ceiling and floor. On the flip side, the sound will change a lot if you stand close to the speakers. Unless you're a dwarf.

Jun 3, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #23 of 33
AV123's speakers were a big surprise to me too! After listening to Richard's Strata Mini's at the San Jose meet I picked up a pair and love them! Congrats on a great pair of speakers and I'm looking forward to your impressions.

Jun 5, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #24 of 33
I am so freakin close to pulling the trigger on some x-ls right now, I want to temporarily use them as my fronts in my 5.1 system until i get some x-sls to replace them.

Jun 5, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #26 of 33
after doing more contemplating, I am now considering getting 3 x-cs for across the front simply based on the fact that i think matching them would sound great, they have a higher sensitivity, and that they would be more compact than 2 tower speakers

Jun 6, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I've got $100 off at av123 too
smily_headphones1.gif

Lucky you. Maybe you can use that $100 toward their new speaker, RSL II, at $12K
smily_headphones1.gif

rsliidq8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back