Great headphones for around the £50-£100 mark
Oct 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AnthonySPhones

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm need of some expert advice.

I'm planning on getting a new pair of headphones (not earphones) and I've heard great things about Audio Technica. I originally had my eyes on the ATH-M50s but I though something a slightly more portable might be better for wearing out and about.
I then set my sights on the ATH-WS55i (I found these for around £65) set but as I don't follow the world of headphones, I'm not sure whether these are oldish and have been superseded as they seem quite rare. I would like to pay around the £50+ mark if possible. I saw the ATH-M30s (£50) and they are also a possiblilty.

What do you guys suggest? I want great quality but I'm not willing to spend £150+ and I don't want a pair so large that people would look at me as if I had two heads! (big is OK, just not huge!)
smily_headphones1.gif

And yes, I am willing to try any brands if they are superior to Audio Technica.

Thanks a lot!

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 3
Take a look at the Creative Aurvana Live, you can get them for around £55 on amazon right now. Fantastic sound for the price, very comfortable, easy to drive (no amp required). 

Search the forum for more in depth reviews - they are a very well-respected headphone. (http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate is a good review too.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back