Great headphones for a price range suggestions?
Feb 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

twp8888

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! 

So i'm new to the forums and i heard that this was a good place to get advice on what kind of headphones are great for the price. So ill simply start off with some of the music i like to listen to.

Dubstep
HipHop
Techno
Rock
Some Rap

So pretty much a mix of a whole bunch of things. I like headphones that are nicely balanced between the mids highs and bass. but i would like a little more bass but not fake sounding (like SkullCandy's). Now i was considering buying aerial 7's but then just read that they were complete poop. Style doesn't matter ill be using them for home use. Preferably headphones where people cant hear the music i'm listening to.. if that is possible. I was looking at some sound canceling sony headphones, They were 79.99 which seemed like a good price. I'm looking for some headphones that range from 75-200$.

Thanks in Advance.

Feb 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
So I'm new to the forums and i heard that this was a good place to get advice on what kind of headphones are great for the price. So ill simply start off with some of the music i like to listen to.
Dubstep
HipHop
Techno
Rock
Some Rap
So pretty much a mix of a whole bunch of things. I like headphones that are nicely balanced between the mids highs and bass. but i would like a little more bass but not fake sounding (like SkullCandy's). Now i was considering buying aerial 7's but then just read that they were complete poop. Style doesn't matter ill be using them for home use. Preferably headphones where people cant hear the music i'm listening to.. if that is possible. I was looking at some sound canceling sony headphones, They were 79.99 which seemed like a good price. I'm looking for some headphones that range from 75-200$.

At the low end, CALs (Creative Aurvana Live).

Feb 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
At the low end, CALs (Creative Aurvana Live).

+ 1--the CAL's may be the best buy per dollar spent--at least until Amazon raised the price by more than $20 less than 24 hours ago.

For a bit more money, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or M50s, Byerdynamic DT 770 Pro and Ultrasone HFI 780 are worth considering.

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 5
Usually a decent pair is any where from $30 - $60 buckz and you will be good. Be careful of name brands like the Beats audio because since it is brand named it is going to be over priced due to it being so commerical if you want a decent alternative I would recommend the black headphones from www.crystalcase.com they are decent quality and the bass bumps.

Black Headphones - http://www.crystalcase.com/black-crystal-rhinestone-hype-gems-jewel-dj-stereo-headphones-with-in-line-mic/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back