Great Forums
Mar 9, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #16 of 26
Yes, Head-Fi is a great community. It's the only one that I've been active on.

The mods do a great job of keeping things civil so some credit needs to go their way. I didn't quite agree with the crackdown on the inane threads, but nevertheless, they do a good job of setting the tone for the entire community.

Mar 9, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
The mods do a great job of keeping things civil so some credit needs to go their way. I didn't quite agree with the crackdown on the inane threads, but nevertheless, they do a good job of setting the tone for the entire community.

They have to. Else, the inane threads will drive us insane.

Mar 9, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff
They have to. Else, the inane threads will drive us insane.

I think we need a poll to decide that
tongue.gif

Peace,

Graz

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #21 of 26
Head-Fi is a great forum, but the worst high fidelity or high end video forum I am a member of is Audio Video Science Forum (AVS Forum). We are talking about a bunch of older guys than the demographic here at Head-Fi who are well established in their careers and make tons of money (there is a forum called high end home theater $20,000 USD and up) who bicker like schoolchildren and argue to no point until one of the two administrators jumps in and locks the thread up. It happens all of the time so much so that it makes AudioAsylum look civil. Crap like that makes Head-Fi my home page.

Mar 9, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #23 of 26
I also find this fine forum a lot better than some of the other forums I've been to (GameFAQs and Rotten Tomatoes namely). I'm not sure what it is, but I've very rarely seen other posters on these boards acting horrible or immature to each other. It's very nice, I have to say
icon10.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

It's funny to see people regardless of age drooling over a pair of cans in a child-like manner

Doublemint Twins !

Drool in a child-like manner every time
icon10.gif

(give it time,it'll come to you
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Mar 9, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja
...I don't even like headphones and this place has the best music threads...

Get your butt out of here.

Just kidding of course, but how did you end up here if you don't like headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back