Great Electronica (give me suggestions!)
Apr 5, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #32 of 78
Glad to have made a recommendation u like
smily_headphones1.gif
If memory serves, one of their CDs is pretty much just pure white noise lol. One of the most ambient/whitewash sounding albums I've ever heard. I think it's the odd one out though compared to the rest.

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #33 of 78
I never realized that some CD's would be so hard to find. I've been looking for Man With No Name - Interstate Highway, but can't find it ANYwhere...

I guess thats why the digital delivery is going to be (and already is) huge.

Are there any places you can get CD-quality music for download? Especially for CD's that you can't find...

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #36 of 78
They used to be one of the most popular Trance artists in the world at the turn of the millennium.. ASTRAL PROJECTION. I'm not even sure if they're still around but they're the artists that go me into electronica a while back.. be sure to check out "Dancing Galaxy" and "Another World".

Apr 7, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #37 of 78
I second the trance recommendation. The progressive trance I've been collecting lately is mind-blowing on headphones.

One resource... Psyshop

Retailers locally have been dumping import dance stock for sale cheap, e.g. $34 AUD down to $16 and $9.95.

I go for the progressive trance stuff. You usually get about 8-9 songs per CD because they are 7-9 min tracks. Cyber/tech-influenced CD artwork, band names, and song titles. Most are listenable at the very least. Some artists are superb. I usually restict purchases to titles released from 2006 onwards. A specific recommendation? Try Plug and Play by Elec3. An excellent album.

There's probably more compilations in this genre than single-artist albums. That's the impression I get.

I started with Yellow Sunshine Explosion titles, and thought they were well mastered. Since hearing releases by other labels, such as Nano Records, Turbo Trance, etc., I now know YSE releases are compressed (lack detail and nuance) and have had their dynamics 'boosted' artificially, a bit like adding too much sharpness to video content.

Apr 9, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #41 of 78
What is the new Pnau like, splaz?

I revisited the first album a few weeks ago and quite enjoyed the drone-like tracks.

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #43 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your examples do not come close to what I have in mind but I am totally digging this one

It sounds like you enjoy the ambient dub stuff. I've seen a couple good rec's in this thread: Biosphere, The Orb, Prefuse 73, and Ulrich Schnauss. I think Schnauss would be particularly to your liking, especially his latest Goodbye.

Apr 10, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #44 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like you enjoy the ambient dub stuff. I've seen a couple good rec's in this thread: Biosphere, The Orb, Prefuse 73, and Ulrich Schnauss. I think Schnauss would be particularly to your liking, especially his latest Goodbye.

And I'll add Pete Namlook to the mix.
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #45 of 78
The Misted Muppet
SynSun
Sesto Sento
Infected Mushroom (older stuff to be exact...pre-2004)
Ott
Shpongle
Hallucinogen
Astrix
Outersect
HiFi Companions
Talpa
Koxbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back